90k burner

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

90k burner

Postby riftsawn » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:30 pm

So I have a couple of those 90k burners (or close to that-the ones for natural gas). Actually had them for a while now, but am finally building sculpture ( I vowed not to brew again until I finally did this, and supply is waning). How far below the keg/pots should these things be set? The set up is designed to 10 gal batches. I figured this is a great place to get info.
riftsawn
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: 90k burner

Postby Brewtime » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 pm

3-4 inches is the norm. my set 3 inches below the pot
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby riftsawn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 am

Thanks! That helps a ton.
riftsawn
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby riftsawn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:55 am

Just to confirm before I complete the nat gas lines. I set it up so that the TOPS of the burners are about3" below the pots. Want to be sure the response referred to the distance from bottom of pot to tip of burner. I really don't want to have to disassemble the gas lines, so I stopped after I attached the burners and inspected.

That brings to mind another question. It would be great to have one of those spark generators from a grill to ignite the burners. Can I just get some aftermarket grill ignitors? Do they have to be specific to natural gas?
riftsawn
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 am

the way I have my burners set up are 3 inches form the tip of the burners to the bottom of the pot. I have one of these

as for igniters is your brewery going to be automated in any way? I asking this to get a better feel for what you are trying to accomplish so I can answer your questions.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby riftsawn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 am

It is a two tier set-up, using the 90k burners from more beer: 8" black iron ring with brass jets throughout in triangular configurations. Both platforms have a burner. Designed to brew 10 gal batches in keg type pots. I do not intend to have any pumps running-all gravity (course I also once said I would not go to the effort of all grain, would not ever keg, and would not ever brew larger than 5 gallon batches). I wasn't really going for something as high end as what you would find in a gas range. Just something to make it easier on brew day. The top platform is long to allow for a track system that will allow the mash pot to slide over, freeing up that burner for heating sparge water (sparge water container on a supported shelf above all). Granted, not happy with what I have found for low profile all metal bearing system at this stage, but working on that (there are some 5/8" bearing rollers for outfeed tables that sound ok, but I would like lower profile still). Until that is solved to my satisfaction, it is at least better than trying to lift those big hot pots from a fish fryer to a table so I can sparge.

I thought it would be convenient to have a push button ignition system near each burner. I can never find a lighter when I need one.

I hope that is clear enough.
riftsawn
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I guess a push button igniter will work
Drew

Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby swera » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 am

I feel lucky so I guessing the T maybe used for injecting oxygen. But just guess. I'm curious too.

Must admit sure locks like a professional setup!
swera
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Return to Brewing Sculptures