New Econo Brew Stand

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

New Econo Brew Stand

Postby galaxyjump » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Finally finished my econo brew stand. Well, still not cheap this hobby of ours!. Did 12.5 gallons IPA yesterday on new stand. Went flawlessly! No leaks, or headaches! Thought this would shorten my brew day but still 6 hrs. start to fermenter. But it did give me more time to sip on last brew sessions Wheat beer while fly sparging on such a hot summer day! (2) high pressure propane burners plumbed with 1/2" black pipe, (2) 16 gallon Kettles, (1) Home depot 10 gallon cooler with home made false bottom *not pictured, (2) March Pumps, (1) 12"x4" 30 plate heat exchanger, onboard water filter. all stainless camlock plumbing. Still a work in progress. More to come! : ) CHEERS!!!!!
galaxyjump
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: New Econo Brew Stand

Postby Mike_ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm

looks outstanding!!!

ON TAP:Red Rye Ale 11/15/15 5% 15 gals
Ferming:
Next up:??????

Wine in bottle: 0 Aging in oak barrels: Cab Franc 195gallons

Don't fear the foam!!! (starsan foam that is)
Mike_
Keg (750 posts)

Postby MuddyMikes » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Is it hard to stir the boil kettle? I love the idea of camlocks. That would be my next upgrade I think. I don't fully trust the brass QD's I'm using now. Looks great BTW .... :)
Wine is but
single broth.
Ale is meat,
drink and cloth.

16th Century English Proverb
MuddyMikes
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:10 pm

That does look nice. Bet is stores easy too.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Blonde Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale
tookalisten

Postby galaxyjump » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Boil kettle is still quite accessable. I really dont need to stir boil kettle as I do not use DME or LME. Boil kettle is equipped with a pump & whirlpool attachment I made from stainless pipe and compression fittings I found at Mcfadden Dale Hardware. Great place by the way! My mash tun sits on upper shelf & I pump from HLT to top of mash tun slowly and gravity feed slowly to boil kettle. The most expensive part of the build is all the stainless fittings. Costco storage rack stores in a 48"x24"x60" space. I keep this on my patio outside so I am designing a 18oz. vinyl cover to use over it during storage. Also I have stand plumbed so that I can convert over to natural gas very easily. Propane is so expensive especially when having 2+ burners I have found out hehe. I need to tee off at kitchen stove and knock hole through exterior wall and install Q/D fittings to convert to natural gas. So far I am very happy with my stand.
Thanks for the comments!
galaxyjump
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby rplace » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 am

Looks great man, nice job!
rplace

Postby MuddyMikes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 am

I was thinking more along the lines of hop additions, but I see your point. Nice idea and well done. Seriously though, I gotta look into those cam lock connectors.
Wine is but
single broth.
Ale is meat,
drink and cloth.

16th Century English Proverb
MuddyMikes

Postby pclemon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:47 am

MuddyMikes wrote: Seriously though, I gotta look into those cam lock connectors.

They're one of the cheapest options out there for QD's and IMO they're the best unless you want the expense and fiddling with tri-clovers.
Pete
pclemon

Postby galaxyjump » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 am

I just throw whole hops in kettle and let her ride. Bargainfittings for best deal on camlock and most stainless fittings and just $5 shipping and no tax!
galaxyjump
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Return to Brewing Sculptures