Calibrating Beersmith for the B3-1100

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Calibrating Beersmith for the B3-1100

Postby brighamj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 am

Do any B3-1100 owners have their equipment set-up on Beersmith? I have found another thread in which a few aspects of the calibration were discussed (mainly the dead space considerations), but I would love to see how others have tweaked the software to fully represent the 1100.

I know there is a lot of typing involved to handle the whole set-up, so maybe a screenshot would be easier.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra
brighamj
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: Calibrating Beersmith for the B3-1100

Postby pclemon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38046

Would recommend maybe sending a PM to Bobster to see where he ended up.

In the meantime you can see what pre-loaded profile might be closest to your set-up and adjust it or create an entirely new set-up. It's really not that difficult. The most critical things you really need to know:

Mash tun Dead Space
Boil Off Rate
Volume left at end of boil

Even if bobster is able to give you the values for the first and last (something you should be able to get at yourself easy enough), your boil off rate is likely to be at least a little different.

If you have specific questions of what values go where throw them out there.
Pete
pclemon
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Re: Calibrating Beersmith for the B3-1100

Postby brighamj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 am

Pete,

Thanks for the advice. My sculpture has yet to arrive, so I'll have to wait to put it through its paces. Can you tell that I'm pretty eager? I give it less than a day off the palette before I fire it up, and the more prep I can do in the meantime...

I really appreciate the help.

Justin
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra
brighamj
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Return to Brewing Sculptures