Hose length issues?

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hose length issues?

Postby shecallsmeblue » Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 am

So today on my lunch break I decide to test run the system and give it a good cleaning. I came across a small problem, but maybe its something on my end. The longest hose is about two feet too long it seems, and ends up falling down and crimping. This is fixed simply by resting it over the boil kettle. The worst one is the shorter lengths. When set up as is in the photos of their manual, they are too short. So, I move the exchanger all the way to the side, yet the small hose leading to the inlet of the pump still crimps closed. It looks like I may need either an elbow at that point, as it is at the bottom of the pump, or a longer hose. Suggestions?
The Angry Cajun Brewery
----------------------------------

Primary : Northern English Brown Ale
Secondary : Pending
On Tap : Saison
Bottled : Imperial IPA
Up Next : Vienna Topaz SMaSH
shecallsmeblue
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Re: Hose length issues?

Postby pclemon » Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 am

My suggestion would be to call them. If you're setting it up as it shows in the instructions and the hoses they provided are too short then whomever cut the hoses likely cut them too short.

The crimping issue due to it "flopping over" is something you just need to find a work around for. I have one off my pump that I often need to hang over something else to keep it from crimping, not a huge deal.... nowhere near having hoses that won't reach from point A to point B.
Pete
pclemon
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby shecallsmeblue » Wed May 22, 2013 11:59 am

pclemon wrote:My suggestion would be to call them. If you're setting it up as it shows in the instructions and the hoses they provided are too short then whomever cut the hoses likely cut them too short.

The crimping issue due to it "flopping over" is something you just need to find a work around for. I have one off my pump that I often need to hang over something else to keep it from crimping, not a huge deal.... nowhere near having hoses that won't reach from point A to point B.

Yeah, I'm not worried about the long one. Hanging it on something is no big deal. I just need to get the crimped, short hoses figured out. Though they reach when I move the heat exchanger, the crimped edges prevents the flow of liquid. I'm gonna look at it again tonight, and if re-positioning them doesn't correct the problem, I'll send the e-mail. I'd just hate to have them send new hoses when I could turn the pot or something. They have been WONDERFUL so far. I had a small issue with a handle on my mash tun lid, and they quickly sent out a new one for me!
The Angry Cajun Brewery

shecallsmeblue
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby shecallsmeblue » Thu May 23, 2013 10:42 am

So I figured this out rather easily. I stepped back and looked at the lengths needed, and it made more sense. I was unnecessarily stretching the hoses across to the pump. The lengths were fine after repostioning them a few times. Getting the pump started is pretty easy, so long as you let the lines fill as much as possible with gravity first, then purge the air a few times as it starts. Switching from circulating the mash to sparging is painless.
The Angry Cajun Brewery

shecallsmeblue
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Return to Brewing Sculptures