my very 1st brew stand

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

my very 1st brew stand

Postby mr.gbu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm

My recent post was about flame issues With my burner I was getting yellow flames instead of blue flames turns out it's was my pilot orifices I was using a straight 1/8 orifices in which was not helping at all below is a picture of the 2 I ended up using the one on the right and completely solved my problem

Imageanyway here Is my gravity brew stand set up in the making its piece together with steel garage shelves using the Coleman extreme 5 cooler for mashing and 55000 btu high pressure burners with flexible propane hose that will be run underneath the mash tun and also underneath the mash tun will be out wort cooling system in which we are currently putting together. It nothing fancy all this is being built under a budget under 350 the only thing that's going to cost us is the 10-12 gal ss pot if you guys have any 10-12 gal pots you guys don't need and willing to sell lek what's your price

I'm hoping I can have this stand up and running in the next to weeks I'm very excited to do all grain
Last edited by mr.gbu on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr.gbu
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Re: What's wrong with my burners?

Postby Brewtime » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:09 pm

what kind of regulator do you have? The yellow flame is due to the fact that you have too much O2 in the mix. Do you have the correct orifice for the burner?
post a link to the burner you bought the one I saw said you need a 10psi regulator and hose.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby mr.gbu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Brewtime wrote:what kind of regulator do you have? The yellow flame is due to the fact that you have too much O2 in the mix. Do you have the correct orifice for the burner?
post a link to the burner you bought the one I saw said you need a 10psi regulator and hose.

I was using the 10 psi hose and had the same problem and I'm using a 1/8 male connector where the hose and the and the burner connect you think it might be that ???
mr.gbu
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby mr.gbu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:35 pm

mr.gbu
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby BrewBum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 am

Have you adjusted the vent on the side of the burner where the hose connects? It is a metal disc that you turn until the right o2 mixture is achieved.
Nate
Guess what... I got a fever and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
http://www.Nebraskabeerblog.com
BrewBum

Return to Brewing Sculptures