Fair price for welding services

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fair price for welding services

Postby Brewtime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:20 pm

There is a guy the next town over who can weld some fittings on my kegs. He quoted me $10 per inch a reasonable price to pay.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: Fair price for welding services

Postby Monster Mash » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:55 am

See if he will do it for $10 per fitting if you drill the holes. $20 per fitting isn't a bad deal either but if you want him to drill the holes then expect to pay $30+.

I paid $30 per pot and each one had 3 fittings but I drilled and filed the holes myself.
Monster Mash
Post Whore (10000 posts)

Re: Fair price for welding services

Postby zurkan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 am

This is fixed simply by resting it over the boil kettle. The worst one is the shorter lengths. When set up as is in the photos of their manual, they are too short. So, I move the exchanger all the way to the side, yet the small hose leading to the inlet of the pump still crimps closed. It looks like I may need either an elbow at that point, as it is at the bottom of the pump, or a longer hose. Suggestions?
zurkan
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Return to Brewing Sculptures