Why are these forums so quiet these days?

Discussion of B3 Brewing Sculptures. How to best use your B3 brewing system, what the options are like, anything to do with the systems.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Why are these forums so quiet these days?

Postby Kharz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:37 pm

I feel like when I bought my 2100 that these forums were very busy

And how they are so quiet; how come?

Also ... 6 or 7 years into my 2100 its still AMAZING. Beautiful and everything works brilliantly
Kharz
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Re: Why are these forums so quiet these days?

Postby tookalisten » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:41 pm

It has been very quiet for many months now. Some have moved on, some are now posting more on NB and/or AHA forums.
But the beautiful people are all still here.

Glad the 2100 is working out for you!
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Blonde Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby turbo_ale » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:53 pm

I am not beautiful but my beers are :wink: and still here.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale

Postby dmtaylor » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:58 pm

The "forums" button on the main page is in a goofy spot in the lower right corner of the main MoreBeer page, so that might hurt us. Also... Facebook and iPhones and iPads are using up a lot more of people's time in general these days. People who once were on computers a lot are now dicking around texting their friends and posting pictures on FB. Also, most hardcore homebrewers tend to hang out on NB and AHA these days. It's just the way it goes. Years ago, I spent a ton of time on the old Green Board and the BN board. Those are both pretty dead now too. Even BrewsBros, which was built to replace the Green Board, is pretty dead. Another part of it might be that people are tired of talking about the same old crap over and over. We, as a species, tend to try to learn what we can where we can, then move on. There are few exceptions.
Dave
dmtaylor
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby turbo_ale » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:04 pm

dmtaylor wrote:Facebook and iPhones and iPads are using up a lot more of people's time in general these days. People who once were on computers a lot are now dicking around texting their friends and posting pictures on FB. There are few exceptions.

I agree to that, most are going to the handheld smart devises and using FB. I don't think I will go that way, I like to sit down at the PC, relax and have a homebrew.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale

Postby CA_Mouse » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:18 pm

I've been here since I found the place... Been hanging around ever since and learned several nice tricks to make my beers better. I'll be here until they turn out the lights and tell me to lock the door on my way out.
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #5: Irish Red
Keg #6: Tart Walking IPA
Keg #7: Dad's Apple Cider
Bottled: Robin's Root Beer
CA_Mouse
Keg (750 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:36 am

I had forgotten about the Green Board and BrewsBros - I used to go there many, many years ago when I first got started. Then I settled here.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Blonde Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale
tookalisten

Postby rplace » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 am

I'm not posting much because I am ashamed I have not paid up on my beer-debt to Nate yet. Got the beer and the box....just lazy....no excuse. :oops:

On a positive note a fake IRS return has been filed with my SSN so I have all the hassle of the Identity Theft movie without any of the fun of crashing cars on busy city streets. :x When the IRS tells you it is going to take a minimum of 180 days to straighten out you know you are in trouble.
rplace

Postby Mike_ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:41 am

turbo_ale wrote:
dmtaylor wrote:Facebook and iPhones and iPads are using up a lot more of people's time in general these days. People who once were on computers a lot are now dicking around texting their friends and posting pictures on FB. There are few exceptions.

I agree to that, most are going to the handheld smart devises and using FB. I don't think I will go that way, I like to sit down at the PC, relax and have a homebrew.

yes to that

for me its summer time and just busy. but also have not been home brewing much this year.
Just brewed a batch last weekend finally! 8)

ON TAP:Red Rye Ale 11/15/15 5% 15 gals
Ferming:
Next up:??????

Wine in bottle: 0 Aging in oak barrels: Cab Franc 195gallons

Don't fear the foam!!! (starsan foam that is)
Mike_
Keg (750 posts)

Postby BrewBum » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:43 am

rplace wrote:I'm not posting much because I am ashamed I have not paid up on my beer-debt to Nate yet. Got the beer and the box....just lazy....no excuse. :oops:

On a positive note a fake IRS return has been filed with my SSN so I have all the hassle of the Identity Theft movie without any of the fun of crashing cars on busy city streets. :x When the IRS tells you it is going to take a minimum of 180 days to straighten out you know you are in trouble.

Man, now you are blaming the IRS for not shipping my beer...good thing we don't play you this year or you would be in a deep hole.

Just kidding man, that sucks about the IRS, one of those worst nightmare deals.
Nate
Guess what... I got a fever and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
http://www.Nebraskabeerblog.com
BrewBum

Postby majorvices » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:26 am

I pretty much stopped posting here 4 or 5 years ago because this forum all but dried up back then. The AHA forum is where I reside now. Much more active place to talk homebrew and beer. If you want more brewing talk action, I highly recommend going over there.
Prost! - Keith
majorvices
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby CA_Mouse » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:38 am

rplace wrote:On a positive note a fake IRS return has been filed with my SSN so I have all the hassle of the Identity Theft movie without any of the fun of crashing cars on busy city streets. :x When the IRS tells you it is going to take a minimum of 180 days to straighten out you know you are in trouble.

Been there several years ago... While we were establishing credit, someone else was bottom feeding and opening accounts. Took us a long time to get it straightened out. Sorry that you have to go through the crap now.
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #5: Irish Red
Keg #6: Tart Walking IPA
Keg #7: Dad's Apple Cider
Bottled: Robin's Root Beer
CA_Mouse
Keg (750 posts)

Postby Kharz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 am

Yeah .... thats fair.

And yup; i was all greenboard and this board back in the day; but have been less focused recently on the boards

I still brew a bunch ... planning on kegging my 20 gallons of pale ale this weekend and doing a nice stout next weekend.

it is stunning how well my 2100 has held up the test of time. All of my other brew equipment has eventually broken down after years of use; but Morebeer overbuilds their products so well ... that they never break. Heck; my pumps are still working ...even when they get the occasional soaking from water / wort.
Kharz
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Return to Brewing Sculptures