Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter

Discussion of the hardware for creating wine.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter

Postby JJones » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Is this a good product and which pads would clean out any left over remaining yeast? I don't show my wine so wouldn't I really need the "polish" or "sterile" pads
JJones
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter

Postby usmcruz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:12 am

I had the Buon vino super jet filter unit, and it worked as advertised, but to be honest, it leaks a good amount when in operation (supposably supposed to do that), and it takes a bit to setup, and get things sanitized. In short, I sold my buon vino super jet, and now I simply use those liquid clarifiers, with success, and I dont have to spend $3.50 per pack of filters, and seeing that you have to run a coarse first, then a medium, you spend $7 per batch, not including the 1/4 gallon of product you lost in the filtration process. Put in some liquid clarifier, then rack off of the top of the wine, or whatever you got going.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby Billy Klubb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 am

I got one of these and used it for the first time the other day. it seemed to work fine for me, but this was my first wine and first time I filtered.

side note, how's life on the river? hahahaha!!
There is a difference between Pride and Arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Primary:Wiezenbock
sec/bulk age:Bad Blood soured imperial stout
bottled:ABW, Hellhound Ale (BDS w/ horehound),Eddie's Haunted Porter
kegged:dark lager
ready to drink:Strawberry Chardonnay, Big '10, sour brown, Citra APA
Billy Klubb
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby bababa3216 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Put in some liquid clarifier, then rack off of the top of the wine, or whatever you got going.
สมัครจีคลับ
bababa3216
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Return to Wine Equipment