champagne cork adapter

Discussion of the hardware for creating wine.

Moderator: Moderator Team

champagne cork adapter

Postby joechinon » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:58 pm

I recently bought a champagne cork adapter for my floor corker, but it didn't come with any instructions. Has anybody ever used one of these, and if so, how. It easily attaches to the corker but I don't really understand what to do next.
On Tap:Flanders Red, Porter,Belgian Ball Buster,ESB,Sticke Alt,Rye Pale,Apple Rauchbier,Saison
Primary:BoneDry
Lagering/conditioning: Apple Rauchbier,,Vanilla Bourbon Porter,Brett saison,Pecan Rauchbier
Bottled:Crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Prickly Pear Mead,Black Braggot,Sour Pumpkin
On deck:Wheat IPA
joechinon
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby usmcruz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:59 am

what kind of corker do you have. The italian corker? do you have pictures of the attachment and your corker so we know what model were dealing with.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby joechinon » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:29 am

It is the Italian floor model, and it has tabs on each side. The champagene adapter hgooks to the tabs. I'll try and post pictures after work today.
On Tap:Flanders Red, Porter,Belgian Ball Buster,ESB,Sticke Alt,Rye Pale,Apple Rauchbier,Saison
Lagering/conditioning: Apple Rauchbier,,Vanilla Bourbon Porter,Brett saison,Pecan Rauchbier
Bottled:Crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Prickly Pear Mead,Black Braggot,Sour Pumpkin
joechinon
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby usmcruz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:42 am

joechinon wrote:It is the Italian floor model, and it has tabs on each side. The champagene adapter hgooks to the tabs. I'll try and post pictures after work today.

Ok, I know what model your talking about. It also has an attachment for bottling beer bottle's. Still post pictures of the champagne attachment.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby joechinon » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:30 pm

No reason for photos, I looked at it today and what it does is cap bottles with regular beer caps. I've been had. Anyway I wanted it so I could bottle condition my Belgian style ales and I was already able to do that, I just didn't know it. What the Hell. it's only $12.95.
joechinon
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby usmcruz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:28 pm

joechinon wrote:No reason for photos, I looked at it today and what it does is cap bottles with regular beer caps. I've been had. Anyway I wanted it so I could bottle condition my Belgian style ales and I was already able to do that, I just didn't know it. What the Hell. it's only $12.95.

:lol: :lol: , Thats why i wanted a photo. I didnt think they made an attachment for champagne corks.
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby mr.so.brewer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:48 pm

You can use your italian floor Wine bottler with belgian corks. you do not need campaigne corker if you use belgian bottles and corks.
mr.so.brewer
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby joechinon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:27 am

I tried a regular champagne cork in a belgian bottle and it works fine. I just have to adjust the depth of the plunger so it doesn't push the cork all the way in. Where can I find Belgian corks?
joechinon
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby mr.so.brewer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:37 am

I think b3 has them. I trick I learned is that you can use a drilled stopper on the piston to stop it if the stopcock doesnt go down far enough.
mr.so.brewer
Pitcher (300 posts)

Return to Wine Equipment