Made in Italy, and bought in Italy!

Discussion of the hardware for creating wine.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Made in Italy, and bought in Italy!

Postby usmcruz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:03 am

I think I hit the mother load here. I'm not a big winemaker, but man there is really good deals on equipment, stainless steel fermenters, presses, Crusher destemmers. 150 liter stainless steel bladder press is $500 here, 100 gallon stainless steel fermenters with spigots are $130 dollars, and this beast, of a capper because it's a solid piece of chrome plated steel with both attachments for American and champagne caps was only 88 euro which is roughly $100

I also seen a 12 plate wine filter with pump setup to be run right away for $120 euro
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: Made in Italy, and bought in Italy!

Postby turbo_ale » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 am

I would like to have that capper, what quality !
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby usmcruz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:35 am

If you want one send me the money and I'll get one to you. I'm gonna take video of his store,and show you all the prices. I was thrown back by the price of that 150 liter stainless steel bladder press for making wine. 90 liter bladder press on more wine is going for $1420, and 150 liter stainless steel bladder press goes for $500. I'm very selective on how stuff is built, and I like to inspect stuff and see if it was built cheaply, and from a fabrication, and quality standpoint, his stuff is top notch!! When I come back to the states I'm buying a bunch of his stuff. He has a huge stainless steel grape press that I can literally fit my wife, and 4 kids in it, and it's going for $1200. Even the caps for 100 count was $1, and a case of 24 count 16 ounce heavy duty hefeweizen bottles were selling for $5.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby turbo_ale » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:00 am

usmcruz wrote:If you want one send me the money and I'll get one to you. I'm gonna take video of his store,and show you all the prices. I was thrown back by the price of that 150 liter stainless steel bladder press for making wine. 90 liter bladder press on more wine is going for $1420, and 150 liter stainless steel bladder press goes for $500. I'm very selective on how stuff is built, and I like to inspect stuff and see if it was built cheaply, and from a fabrication, and quality standpoint, his stuff is top notch!! When I come back to the states I'm buying a bunch of his stuff. He has a huge stainless steel grape press that I can literally fit my wife, and 4 kids in it, and it's going for $1200. Even the caps for 100 count was $1, and a case of 24 count 16 ounce heavy duty hefeweizen bottles were selling for $5.

Let me know right before you come back to the States with the products, I would like you to bring me that capper, once in the States you can ship it to me.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale

Postby usmcruz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 am

Ok, but wait till you see the video I take and the prices. I guarentee that's not the only thing you'll want.
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Very nice! Also, good to hear from you cruz! Glad you are alive and well.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Pale Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Sweet Stout, IPA, Blonde Ale, Vienna Lager
tookalisten

Postby usmcruz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:47 pm

tookalisten wrote:Very nice! Also, good to hear from you cruz! Glad you are alive and well.

Thanks brother! Yeah Italy has been treating me good, but my job has taken up a lot of my time, which leaves almost zero time to get on here, plus it's a full time job ducking and dodging all this pasta in the land of carbs! I swear here they start you off with bread, followed with pasta, then they bring out a panini, only to wash it down with a baguette! :lol:
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby CA_Mouse » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:54 pm

I agree, it is good to hear from you! I'd love to see the fermenter! (Guessing that you meant 100 liter, although I would love to be wrong on that one!) I wouldn't mind having a couple of those myself...
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #5: Irish Red
Keg #6: Tart Walking IPA
Keg #7: Dad's Apple Cider
Bottled: Robin's Root Beer
CA_Mouse
Keg (750 posts)

Postby usmcruz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:55 am

CA_Mouse wrote:I agree, it is good to hear from you! I'd love to see the fermenter! (Guessing that you meant 100 liter, although I would love to be wrong on that one!) I wouldn't mind having a couple of those myself...

I don't mind shipping things to you guys. You guys might wanna take advantage of me being here while you can! :P I might be mistaken on the gallons, you may be right it might be liters, but the price for what you get is pretty damn good. My next day off which is Monday, I'll take pictures and video. I seen brand new toasted 55 gallon barrels for $110 today.
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby turbo_ale » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:42 am

usmcruz wrote:I don't mind shipping things to you guys. You guys might wanna take advantage of me being here while you can!

My fear is that International shipping would be costly, more that the capper itself. If you have the room when coming back, the cost to ship within the States is much less and much easier.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Fermenting:

turbo_ale
turbo_ale

Postby usmcruz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:44 am

They have flat rate boxes here, so if i can break it down into a flat rate box, shipping is $5 plus the cost of the box. They have a usps on base here. Im not sure about larger items though.
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby turbo_ale » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 am

usmcruz wrote:They have flat rate boxes here, so if i can break it down into a flat rate box, shipping is $5 plus the cost of the box. They have a usps on base here. Im not sure about larger items though.

Sounds like a deal if you can make it work, PM me any details you may need.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Fermenting:

turbo_ale
turbo_ale

Postby usmcruz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm

ill check the shipping on it and get back with ya brother!
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby CA_Mouse » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Did you ever take the video? I'm still interested in those fermenters if they are 100 liter (although I'd love to have a 3 barrel SS fermenter for that price!).

I hope you and the family enjoy celebrating the Winter holidays abroad! I enjoyed one courtesy of the USN in the middle of the IO watching ships from the USSR watch us. (okay so that dates me a bit...)
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale