Fermentasaurus: Can you keg from the bottom of the vessel?

General brewery equipment discussions.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fermentasaurus: Can you keg from the bottom of the vessel?

Postby mjrice » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi everyone! Question is in the title: I am considering getting the Fermentasaurus pet conical fermentor, but I would like to know if it's possible to drain into a keg from the bottom, or are you expected to siphon out through the top like some kind of savage? I don't plan on using it for serving and probably won't get the pressure carbing accessories.
mjrice
Corny Keg (500 posts)

Re: Fermentasaurus: Can you keg from the bottom of the vesse

Postby Brewtime » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:52 am

mjrice wrote:Hi everyone! Question is in the title: I am considering getting the Fermentasaurus pet conical fermentor, but I would like to know if it's possible to drain into a keg from the bottom, or are you expected to siphon out through the top like some kind of savage? I don't plan on using it for serving and probably won't get the pressure carbing accessories.

Sure come on here after abandon the boards for years and expect the 4 of us left to help you out :P . I have no clue but i think you could use the pressure kit to move the wort into kegs

https://www.morebeer.com/products/ferme ... e-kit.html
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: Fermentasaurus: Can you keg from the bottom of the vesse

Postby mjrice » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Yeahhhh. Pretty quiet around here. I was hoping there was a transfer accessory for the thing - who makes a conical and then doesn't port the bottom of it with a valve? I wonder if I could drill my own hole and put in a spigot.
mjrice
Corny Keg (500 posts)

Return to Brewing Equipment