Speidel Plastic Fermenting Tanks

General brewery equipment discussions.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: Speidel Plastic Fermenting Tanks

Postby 2DecadeBrewer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Cleans easily with just a jet of water from the hose, sponge, towel and even plastic scrubbers are ok too!
2DecadeBrewer
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby krizwit » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:17 am

I just kegged a portion of a Saison I brewed in the 60L Speidel and had bubbles in the tubing.

I used a piece of silicone tubing and attached it to a beer in ball lock. When I opened the valve it appeared that I was getting air bubbles in the tubing. I didnt see any air coming in from either the spigot or the ball lock. I am not sure if they were from the CO2 escaping or what. Anybody else have that "issue".

The saison(belle saison) turned out great and I had it sitting in the fermenter for like 8 weeks (6 weeks around 38 deg). I put the cap on the top to seal the fermenter guessing the majority of fermentation was completed. My spigot didnt leak at all.

So far I am pretty happy with it.

Does anybody take apart the spigot or do you all just soak the spigot in PBW, or just run hot PBW through the spigot and then sanitize with starsan?
krizwit
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:13 pm

I take my spigot apart and soak in PBW and then StarSan.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: JZ's WCB, RIS
Kegged: Brown Ale, Citra Pale Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Previous

Return to Brewing Equipment