Johnson Analog Controller....HEAT!

General brewery equipment discussions.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Johnson Analog Controller....HEAT!

Postby rplace » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:50 am

Anyone know of a way to alter a Johnson Analog controller to maintain heat not cold? I have a friend that is smoking meat at very low temps in some large box like contraption with a heat source. I'm not using my analog controller and thought it simple to control heat...but opening it up no obvious changes to be made.
rplace
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Re: Johnson Analog Controller....HEAT!

Postby rplace » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:57 am

Anyone? Google not helping much, perhaps it can't be done.
rplace

Postby Brewtime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 am

you might hsve luck asking this question over at HBT there are some Techincal Beer Geeks over there.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby rplace » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:55 am

That would require me getting an account....and then I'd waste all my time there. I am resisting the urge to do any brew stuff beyond here. A nice guy would ask for me :P Just sayn'.

Hey did you see U2 tix went on sale? Closest is MSG. I decided to pass after so many dates last time around. They do have dates in Chicago and I know you have a Chi town connection with relatives, right? Road Trip!
rplace

Postby Brewtime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 am

Yes I saw that they have added 2 more dates to MSG but I am already going to two concerts next summer. on In Philly and another at M&T Bank. Both for my 13 yo daughter. Not acts i would really want to see (One Directon and Taylor Swift, at least she is easy on the eyes eventhough she is batshit crazy.) for me to swing up the New York would be pushing it I do not even know what tickes are going for this concert. To tell you the truth i do not think they could top their last tour.

BTW I asked your question over at HBT let you know what I hear.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby rplace » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Wow, good of you to own up to those two concerts. I'd probably left it as concert with my daughter no more info. But seriously that is really cool you are taking her. Memories for life. Pretty soon she will be 16 and hating you being seen with her.

Agree that last tour was killer and tough to top. I was not up to the trip to MSG. I love NYC, but very expensive once you factor in time off work, hotel, parking, meals, etc. I'd actually rather go to Chicago since they always put on good shows there. Vertigo tour DVD filmed there and all. Best seats after fees are just under $300 each. I was on Ticket Master site as soon a general sales opened up (missed my fan club presale due to work travel) and by the time I got offered tix to purchase there were only ~$80 tickets left. I'm too old for General Admission elbow to elbow combat. Actually I'd love to go once up close, but know the wife would never stand for it. I saw Aerosmith in 2nd row GA what a brawl.

Speaking of tix prices how can retail be $300+ CRAZY! I saw both the Who and Rolling Stones for $10 a seat.

Thanks for checking on the Johnson :D
rplace

Postby Brewtime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:16 pm

if we happen to be in chicago when they are there I might scalp a ticket and go.
Drew

Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby rplace » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:25 pm

I have no will power. After all that typing I got sort of excited. I had a fan club code for the two newly added dates in Chicago. I've not had a Weiners Circle in years and my wife and I keep saying we need a trip to Chicago. Since I could get presale tix for the new shows today only....I got two, my limit. Section 110 seats 1 and 2 so we are on the isle for quick beer getting and beer relief. Row 11!!!!!

If I get divorced over this, Drew, you and I are going. Monday June 29th. I decided on Monday over Sunday so we would be forced to make a long weekend of it. What do you think...stay at the Drake?

rplace

Postby Brewtime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:18 pm

rplace wrote:I have no will power. After all that typing I got sort of excited. I had a fan club code for the two newly added dates in Chicago. I've not had a Weiners Circle in years and my wife and I keep saying we need a trip to Chicago. Since I could get presale tix for the new shows today only....I got two, my limit. Section 110 seats 1 and 2 so we are on the isle for quick beer getting and beer relief. Row 11!!!!!

If I get divorced over this, Drew, you and I are going. Monday June 29th. I decided on Monday over Sunday so we would be forced to make a long weekend of it. What do you think...stay at the Drake?

hell why not if that does not pan out we stay at my inlaws house and hit up Portillos in 95th
Drew

Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Drew

Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby rplace » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 am

Mouth watering just seeing the pix.
rplace

Postby Brewtime » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 am

I have not been there in years either. Jill's family lives on the Southside we dont get over to the north side very often.
Drew

Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby rplace » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 am

Back on track....problem solved. Sorry no pix for future readers but very simple. If you take the cover off there is a black, plastic plug almost in the middle of the "guts". Take that plug out and you will see it the threaded exactly like where the white and black wires are currently connected. Disconnect the black wire from under the temp dial and attach it where the black plug was. It is not set up for controlling heating not cooling. Keep the white wire where it was only change the black wire.
rplace

Return to Brewing Equipment