Bring Back Crystal Pepsi

Soda is simple to make and a great alternative to have on hand for parties.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bring Back Crystal Pepsi

Postby Saco_De_Toro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Will they bring back Crystal Pepsi already? I'm starting to be tempted by 15 year old cans on eBay. At least Coca Cola still makes Tab.
- Julian

"Beer - It's What's For Dinner"
Saco_De_Toro
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby cooldaddybeck » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:44 am

I'm still waiting for 7UP Gold to make a comeback. That was some good stuff.

You could always switch to the Tropical Pepsi (WTF were they thinking?)
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby SPLASTiK » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:47 pm

I'd rather see Josta make a comeback
SPLASTiK
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby TampaBrew » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:22 pm

Pepsi made some really bad sodas. Fire and Ice (red and blue pepsi). Good old Pepsi Blue. Terrible. The fore-mentioned Pepsi Tropical. Was there a Pepsi clear? or was that the Crystal? I still have some Cool Cans somewhere.
TampaBrew
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby sacredtheory » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 pm

SPLASTiK wrote:I'd rather see Josta make a comeback

+1 - Josta kicked arse!
Jared

Alright brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so just get me through this exam so I can go back to killing you slowly with beer. -- Homer Simpson
sacredtheory
Keg (750 posts)

Postby Roger456 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:44 pm

What ever happened to crystal gravy?
Roger456
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: Bring Back Crystal Pepsi

Postby brewmiss96 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh I loved the spiced Pepsi from christmas time a few years back.... if only it came in diet.
Praise not the day until evening has come; a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

Grouse Mountain Brewery
brewmiss96
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby brouehaha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 pm

how about the new Pepsi Throwback??
brouehaha
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Re:

Postby cguntzviller » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Roger456 wrote:What ever happened to crystal gravy?

i loved that SNL skit, had to youtube it just for kicks.

as far as pepsi blue, i found you could mix that with whatever booze you wante ie. vodka, whiskey, etc, and it always tasted like crappy blue sugar water regardless of the strength of the mix.
-Crut
They call me Crut
I brew for the schnittz and giggles
**BREW STRONG**
cguntzviller
Corny Keg (500 posts)

Location: Northern MI, Hold up your left hand(palm away), where the tip of your pinky touches your ring finger

Postby dmtaylor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:00 pm

I loved 7up Gold back in 1988. The next best thing is Vernor's. 7up bought out Vernor's so now I guess they have no interest in marketing the same sort of thing as 7up Gold anymore. Vernor's is super spicy, it takes a little getting used to, but very refreshing.
Dave
dmtaylor
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby karmacappa » Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 pm

I had some Pepsi Throwback today. It's a little hard to find, as stores don't seem to carry much of it. To me, it had a much more substantial presence than normal Pepsi. I don't know, but I normally get a kind of sharp feeling from normal Pepsi. Throwback Pepsi seemed to be much more bold to me, but lacking those sharp notes. To me, that's a good thing. It doesn't seem to hold carbonation as well though, so it's probably best if you drink it quickly. It's still carbonated after a bit, but it just tastes a bit flat. Overall, I prefer the Throwback.

And no, it's not nostalgia for me. I was born too late to drink the old Pepsi, and I'm not young enough that I grew up drinking all kinds of these weird flavored drinks (using stuff like guarana, monkey balls, or whatever they use). When I was growing up, it was Tab vs RC vs Pepsi vs Coke. I will say that I have always enjoyed older styles of soda though, like sasparillas, root beers, etc...
On Tap - German Hefeweizen, Steam Lager

You search it with this Google
karmacappa
6 Pack (200 posts)

Postby spacebuff » Fri May 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Saco_De_Toro wrote:Will they bring back Crystal Pepsi already? I'm starting to be tempted by 15 year old cans on eBay. At least Coca Cola still makes Tab.

Since they taste the same, you could just drink a regular Pepsi and close your eyes and pretend it's clear.
"Milk are for babies, when you get older you drink beer." -Governor Schwarzenegger
spacebuff
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby Andrio » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:00 am

I have a CO2 bottle, Reg, hose to the bottle (Soda bottle), fill with ice water, Burp the extra air out, Add CO2 til full, swish bottle, bottle becomes soft(lower presure, not leaking out), repete. But still a light fizz. So found a Soda Club tried that, real nice good and Fuzzy. But what am I doing wrong? Help!
Andrio
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Postby Mike_ » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 pm

the one that stands out to me the most was the new Coke. all they did was introduce something with a not so good flavor so they could take original Coke of the market with the real sugar in it only to say yea the New Coke is not so good and bring back the original Coke with high fructose corn syrup :(

ON TAP:Red Rye Ale 11/15/15 5% 15 gals
Ferming:
Next up:??????

Wine in bottle: 0 Aging in oak barrels: Cab Franc 195gallons

Don't fear the foam!!! (starsan foam that is)
Mike_
Keg (750 posts)

Postby BGood » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 pm

dMike_ wrote:the one that stands out to me the https://skinnyexpress.com/phen375-review best Phen375 and the most was the new Coke. all they did was introduce something with a not so good flavor so they could take original Coke of the market with the real sugar in it only to say yea the New Coke is not so good and bring back the original Coke with high fructose corn syrup :(

Crystal Pepsi was the best. Has anyone here tried Pepsi Green? I just tried it today and it's nasty as hell.
Last edited by BGood on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
BGood
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Next

Return to Soda