Pacific Brewers Cup

Beer related events. Know of any festivals, competitions, conferences, etc? Been to any and want to tell others how great it was? This is the spot.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pacific Brewers Cup

Postby Brewbuddy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Has anyone else been having a problem entering this competition ?
I've been trying for a couple of weeks with no joy.

No response from emails I have sent to the organizers.

I have entered this comp for several years but I guess I won't this year.
Brewbuddy
Pitcher (300 posts)

Re: Pacific Brewers Cup

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:55 am

I was going to enter a few beers into this comp, but haven't signed up yet. I'll give it a try and let you know my experience.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby thetooth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Disclaimer: My club is hosting it this year and I'm on the committee, but I'm playing a very small role and don't see the emails to the site admin.

I know the site administrators have been responding the emails and entering some entries manually for people who had issues. I'm kind of surprised to hear that you haven't gotten a response to emails.

There were some issues with the Captcha system, which seems to be a theme across the web right now. They disabled the Captcha system to resolve this in the interim. At last count, we're closing in on 300 entries... so it's clearly not happening to everyone.

I've been able to enter my beers with no issue, both when the Captcha system was in place and now that it's been disabled. If you haven't tried recently, give it another shot. It's likely that the Captcha issue was causing your pain.

Jon
thetooth
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby Brewbuddy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 am

Tried again today still not working for me.
Time has run out for me this year.
I'll try again next year.
Brewbuddy
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby thetooth » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:01 am

Brewbuddy wrote:Tried again today still not working for me.
Time has run out for me this year.
I'll try again next year.

Oh well... there's always next year. Do you remember the error message you received? I'd like to forward that information to our admin in case it's happening to other people.

Thanks,
Jon
thetooth

Postby Brewbuddy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Just keep getting this even after several tries at resetting the password.
I actually registered twice under different emails and keep getting the same thing.

My Info and Entries

Please register or log in to access this area.
Brewbuddy
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby thetooth » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Brewbuddy wrote:Just keep getting this even after several tries at resetting the password.
I actually registered twice under different emails and keep getting the same thing.

My Info and Entries

Interesting... thanks for the info. I'm really sorry you had so many problems getting entries registered.
Last edited by thetooth on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
thetooth

Postby Brewtime » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 am

Did AHA host the registration process if so there is your problem :P
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby thetooth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 am

Brewtime wrote:Did AHA host the registration process if so there is your problem :P

LOL... no, but it is another pre-built package. It's working great for most people now that the captcha issue was resolved.

Since the issue is unique to BrewBuddy, I'm wagering it's related to his browser configuration. My first guess is that he's disabled cookies or some other functionality that the site is using to remember his user information after he logs in. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the server, so I can't see the site code to see how what it's actually doing.

In fact, I just tested my hunch and that appears to be the issue. With privacy settings at medium in internet explorer, the site won't display any of my info after I log in. If I change the setting in the privacy tab from "Medium" to "Low" or "Accept all cookies" and restart the browser, the information displays after login.
thetooth

Postby katonk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 am

Hi guys.

I'm the admin for pacificbrewerscup.com 2013. A few users are having some problems with password resets. In all cases I'm not able to reproduce the error on my side. Some of the symptoms make me think it's a problem with a proxy cache or web accelerator of some kind. Two people said just waiting a little bit corrected the issue.

Regardless, if anyone is having issues logging back in I can reset your password, enter your beers and email you back a PDF of the entry form and labels. I'm happy to do so. I've experienced frustration with entry systems myself. As far as I know we've responded to 100% of email sent to us.

Technical details if anyone cares: The registration system is Brew Competition Online Entry & Management System (BCOEM) version 1.2.1.3. This is the same software NHC used last year. The web front end that's "wrapped" around it is Drupal 7. Everything else is typical shared hosting LAMP.

Thanks and good luck to those that entered!

Tim
katonk
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 am

Brewbuddy wrote:Just keep getting this even after several tries at resetting the password.

My Info and Entries

This is exactly what I experienced as well. I'll try to register tonight from my home computer. My company's IT department keeps our computers locked up tight so that we cannot change any settings or download anything.
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:55 am

I tried registering at home and wasn't able to. I tried everything that I could think of, but was still getting the same message. Looks like I won't be entering this comp. :(
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby thetooth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:58 am

MaltnHopsrGood wrote:I tried registering at home and wasn't able to. I tried everything that I could think of, but was still getting the same message. Looks like I won't be entering this comp. :(

Bummer... if you still want to enter, send an email with the info to the site admin at info@pacificbrewerscup.com. He'll probably just enter them for you manually.
thetooth

Postby katonk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:49 am

This is last minute, but we'll do whatever we can to help you. Just send us an email. Also, please read the FAQ on the site. It answers pretty close to 99% of the questions we've been getting. Thanks, Tim
katonk
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

I appreciate what you guys tried to do for me, but I wasn't on the forum for the past 5 days. No worries. There's always next year.
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Return to Beer Events