SoCal Homebrew 1st Homebrew Comp

Beer related events. Know of any festivals, competitions, conferences, etc? Been to any and want to tell others how great it was? This is the spot.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: SoCal Homebrew 1st Homebrew Comp

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 pm

CA_Mouse wrote:
MaltnHopsrGood wrote:Last year I got a first, a second, and a third BOS in the IE Regionals. I'm hoping to place again. Good luck gentlemen! I wonder were it'll be this year though. It's always been held at Main Street Brewery, but the city closed them down and kicked them out so they could build low rent apartments on that land.

I remember that I was glad I didn't enter in the same category as you last year. If I remember correctly you took Silver in H24 Pale and 1st for IPA in IEB... I thought Main Street closed because the city is widening the street?

My wife works for Grainger and the brewer from Main Street had called about six months before they were closing and he needed to buy some stuff. She told him how much we love going there and he said that we better come soon because the city did an eminent domain on that center and was going to tear it down and put about 300 low income apartments and then rebuild some of the shops. They may be widening Main Street, I'm not sure about that part.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby CA_Mouse » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:35 am

MaltnHopsrGood wrote:My wife works for Grainger and the brewer from Main Street had called about six months before they were closing and he needed to buy some stuff. She told him how much we love going there and he said that we better come soon because the city did an eminent domain on that center and was going to tear it down and put about 300 low income apartments and then rebuild some of the shops. They may be widening Main Street, I'm not sure about that part.

It still sucks they are gone. I hope that he opens up again, it would be a shame that he can't get something else in the area.
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #5: Irish Red
Keg #6: Tart Walking IPA
Keg #7: Dad's Apple Cider
Bottled: Robin's Root Beer
CA_Mouse
Keg (750 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Sat May 09, 2015 6:51 am

I heard that Main Street Brewery is opening up again in about a year in the same shopping center, but on a different pad.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Previous

Return to Beer Events