Seattle brewery recos

Discuss your favorite recipes here. Ask for tips on brewing certain beer styles.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Seattle brewery recos

Postby Cabin Joe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 am

Heading out to Seattle tonight. Any recos on breweries to tour?
Cabin Joe
Pitcher (300 posts)

Re: Seattle brewery recos

Postby cornixt » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:38 am

I don't know of any that have specific tours except Red Hook, but I'm sure that loads do. Pike Place brewery has decent beers and is easy to get to.
cornixt
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby vjboxer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:00 am

Freemont and Black Raven. (Might be a month or so late responding.)
On tap: Southern English Brown Ale, Brown Rye, Ho Ho Ho Holiday Ale (from the Stone book used dried chestnuts, juniper, caraway, white sage leaves)
Kegged and Conditioning: Consecration Ale
Bourbon Barrel: NOTHING
On Deck: Pale Ale
vjboxer
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby speed » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Ya think.
What will be will be.
Jane Hodges
speed
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Cabin Joe » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Had lots of IPA's while there. Only made it to Peddler Brewing in Ballard. Cool kind of bike shop/kind of brewery. $4 beers and had a good selection. Only had one (can't recall what it was now) b/c I had to drive. Red Hook didn't make the cut. Did make it to Elysian and Snoqualmine Falls Brewing too. Elysian was impressive, Snoq. didn't stand out, but if you're in the town it's worth a stop.
Cabin Joe
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby KTbrew » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Sorry I didn't catch this before your trip. I know Seattle pretty well. There are some other cool beer places near Elysian. Did you by any chance stop by The Pine Box? It's walking distance and awesome. Two Beers is a brewery that is worth a visit. I believe they have two locations now. Also, while you were at Peddlers you were with a block of two other breweries. Hilliard's and Northwest Peaks. I really like Hilliards.
KTbrew
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Postby Atif » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 am

Does anyone have a problem with having CaraPils and CaraAroma in the same beer? It seems like the two might compliment each other.

CaraAroma: Imparts fuller body and improved malt aroma.

CaraPils: Increases foam, improves head retention and enhances mouth feel without adding flavor or color to your beer.

An upcoming DIPA calls for 6 ounces of Crystal 40 and I have CaraAroma on hand. It's a 6 gallon batch.
Atif
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Postby maybock » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Atif wrote:Does anyone have a problem with having CaraPils and CaraAroma in the same beer? It seems like the two might compliment each other.

CaraAroma: Imparts fuller body and improved malt aroma.

CaraPils: Increases foam, improves head retention and enhances mouth feel without adding flavor or color to your beer.

An upcoming DIPA calls for 6 ounces of Crystal 40 and I have CaraAroma on hand. It's a 6 gallon batch.

It dun' matter......
" I want you to get up now... I want all of you to get up out of your chairs...I want you to get up right now, go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell: " I'm as mad as hell, and I am not going to take this anymore!" ".
maybock
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles