Pickled Eggs

Cheese, Kim Chee, and other fermented or pickled foods.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: Pickled Eggs

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 am

SMITHENHALS wrote:That recipe is very far from regular pickled eggs. There is about 10 different styles of pickled eggs, so what did you have? Salty, sweet, smoky, red beet, mustard? I have a recipe for every type.

I'd love to try your mustard pickled egg recipe, could you please post it? Thanks in advance!
-Jonathan

"He who invented beer is a wise man" -Plato

"I feel that I have been denied valuable, need-to-know, information!" - Burt (Tremors II)
Beer Hunter
Corny Keg (500 posts)

Re: Pickled Eggs

Postby SMITHENHALS » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
12 hard-cooked eggs
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups apple cider vinegar

I found these on allrecipes.com. They have been my favorite mustard version. They are very tart!

Place the hard-cooked eggs into a 1 quart jar. In a saucepan, stir together the mustard, cornstarch, sugar, turmeric, and salt. Pour in just enough of the cider vinegar to make a paste, and then gradually stir in the rest. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour into the jars with the eggs. Put the lid on the jar, and refrigerate for a week before eating for best flavor.
On Tap- Pumpkin Spice Ale, Kristie's Very Merry Cherry, India Red Ale, Southern English Brown, Joes Ancient Orange Mead
Primary-
Secondary-
On Deck- Hefe, Dry Stout
SMITHENHALS
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: great pickled egg recipe

Postby lannan » Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 am

adrucker wrote:different egg snack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having gotten tired of eating plain hardboiled eggs, here is a recipe for pickled eggs with a quick. They are tasty, and good for a snack on the run.

The recipe will make 3 dozen eggs:

3 dozen hardboiled eggs (cook and have shelled)

in a large pot, put in the following:
1 quart distilled white vinegar
1 sliced onion
1 Tablespoon mustard seed
1 Tablespoon Dill seed
1 Tablespoon black pepper corns
1 Tablespoon celery seed
a few dashes of red pepper flakes
6 cloves of garlic
2 16oz. jars of jalapenos with the juices.

Boil the ingredients in the pot for 15 minutes. While cooking place the shelled eggs into glass jars, when the mixture is done boiling, pour into the jars over the eggs, if there is not enough vinegar mixture to fill the jars, add some hot water. Then place the tops on, and put in the refrigerator for 7 days so they can absorb the flavors.

this recipe is great. my dad and i love them but they give me a little bit of heartburn. still doesn't stop me. :mrgreen:
Back Nine Brew&Wine
lannan
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Previous

Return to Fermented Foods