Spicy Pickled Green Beans...

Cheese, Kim Chee, and other fermented or pickled foods.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Spicy Pickled Green Beans...

Postby Rachel » Sat May 10, 2008 8:31 pm

...I made this using a recipe I found online. Not as good as what a bartender let me taste a few months back (hence the finding of a recipe), really should have used fresh dill sprigs instead of dried dill. Didn't like the dill floaties everywhere, and I guess for me would need to put some more red chilis in there as well. Cleaning the 3 lbs of green beans was a pain too...but worth it to find out that I want fresh dill next batch :D
I like my beer how I like my women...Czech.

On Tap: nothing :'(
In Progress: Hard Cherry Cider
To Brew: Wild Hop Honey Ale from Homebrewer's Garden book, Urquell clone, Lavendar Ale (and since I'm a chick I am going to dye it purple), more and more OBCA
Rachel
Pitcher (300 posts)

Re: Spicy Pickled Green Beans...

Postby fossilsrocks » Mon May 12, 2008 9:37 am

Rachel wrote:...I made this using a recipe I found online. Not as good as what a bartender let me taste a few months back (hence the finding of a recipe), really should have used fresh dill sprigs instead of dried dill. Didn't like the dill floaties everywhere, and I guess for me would need to put some more red chilis in there as well. Cleaning the 3 lbs of green beans was a pain too...but worth it to find out that I want fresh dill next batch :D

Recipe please!
Scott

You should go fishing; it is good for the soul. Have you ever heard of a single Nazi who liked to fish? You can't trust people who don't fish. We need to teach our House & Senate members to fish. Those who don't want to should be used for bait.
fossilsrocks
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby IronGuillotine » Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am

I know these sound weird but they are really delicious, and that's coming from someone who doesn't care much from pickled products. Rachel, you should post the recipe for these guys. ;)
(brewing as funds permit)
ON DECK / IN PROGRESS
Beer: Cascade APA w/ all homegrown
Mead: A few 1-gallon test batches going...nothing serious
Other: Various Berry Cordials, Roasted Chili Pepper Spirit
TO-BREW
Beer: 1555 (Thank you Yeasty Boy), Roasted Chili Beer, Oatmeal Stout, Brown Mild, Spring ESB, Vanilla Porter
Mead: 50-Proof Mead, Blueberry, Prickly Pear, Cherry-Pomegranate, Blood Orange, Spiced Cyser
Other: Black'n'Blue Berry & Cherimoya Cordials
IronGuillotine
Corny Keg (500 posts)

Postby Rachel » Mon May 12, 2008 1:04 pm

I like my beer how I like my women...Czech.

On Tap: nothing :'(
In Progress: Hard Cherry Cider
To Brew: Wild Hop Honey Ale from Homebrewer's Garden book, Urquell clone, Lavendar Ale (and since I'm a chick I am going to dye it purple), more and more OBCA
Rachel
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby fossilsrocks » Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 am

They do sound delicious. I had some in a martini at a swanky event once, and I really enjoyed them. I'm planting bush beans in my garden this year, too. Thanks! :D
Scott

You should go fishing; it is good for the soul. Have you ever heard of a single Nazi who liked to fish? You can't trust people who don't fish. We need to teach our House & Senate members to fish. Those who don't want to should be used for bait.
fossilsrocks
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Fermented Foods