Vision Grill

Great barbeque is like great beer or great wine. A special experience and with a lot more science involved than you might think.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vision Grill

Postby krizwit » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 pm

I just picked on up from Costco and it has been awesome so far. It is a Big Green Egg knock off, but less than 1/2 the price. So far I have made a roast, pulled pork, ribs, chicken, steaks and burgers and they have all turned out great. No water pan for the low and slow and everything was real juicy.
krizwit
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: Vision Grill

Postby tookalisten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

I've seen those and had wondered. Most definitely makes the purchase more tempting.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary:
Kegged: Brown Ale, Sweet Stout, Vienna Lager, Pale Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby Bgrant » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Ive had a kamado for years and the versatility (slow and low for bbq, 750+ for steaks, 600 for pizza) and quality of the results still amaze.

The prices are all over the place, if you were to buy one, you would probably get rid of any other grills you currently own.

I believe the undisputed top of the line version is http://www.komodokamado.com/.

When my current one finally dies, or i find a buyer, this will be my next grill.

Regards
Bruce
Regards
Bruce.
Bgrant
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby alewife » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Hey Krizwit! I wonder if they would have the Vision Grill in California???? :D Guess I should wander on down to the local Costco and find out! It just happens to be a couple of blocks from the local MoreBeer! Thanks for the info.

Alewife
On Deck: Irish Heavy, Mother Bunch's Holiday Porter, Dobby's Magic (like Mad Elf)

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink:

Cellared: Hardly Cider (2016)
alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby krizwit » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:29 am

Bgrant wrote:Ive had a kamado for years and the versatility (slow and low for bbq, 750+ for steaks, 600 for pizza) and quality of the results still amaze.

The prices are all over the place, if you were to buy one, you would probably get rid of any other grills you currently own.

I believe the undisputed top of the line version is http://www.komodokamado.com/.

When my current one finally dies, or i find a buyer, this will be my next grill.

Regards
Bruce

The Komodo Kamado is where art meets BBQ and BBQ meets art. Those things are beautiful, but until I strike it rich, or get rid of one my kids I will not be buying one of those any time soon.

I have been looking at the ceramic grills for awhile. After seeing a lot of good reviews (most notably from BBQ forums) I decided to go for it. I got mine (Classic B series) for the bargain price of $400. I figured if I didnt care for it that much, I could easily sell it for a small loss. One thing I really like about it is the fact that it keeps warm for so long. After doing a pork shoulder, you can just close up the vents and let it sit in the smoker for hours as opposed to putting the shoulder in a cooler to rest(adding time for the connective tissue to break down and for the fat to liquify).

One reason I got the smoker was I thought the outside wouldnt get that hot (I have two young kids). The smoker does get hot, but not as hot as my weber....
krizwit
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby rosaann » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:00 pm

I purchased a Vision Kamado Grill on 2/2/16 and I have cooked on it maybe 10 times. The grill runs too hot, there is a leak around the ash pan/vent system. The vent pops in and out as it sees fit. I have burnt every slab of ribs I tried to cook on this grill. Even with the deflector stone, the temps stay around 300-400 degrees. I am not a amateur griller. Quite the contrary! I have been unable to cook low and slow on this contraption. I am totally disappointed in the purchase
rosaann
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Return to Barbeque