hoppy brew in sacramento

Face it, sometimes you just don't want to cook. Got a great brewpub or restaurant you want to tell everyone about? Post it here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hoppy brew in sacramento

Postby balloon_knot » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:53 pm

hoppy brew is the by far the best brew pub there is. awesome food awesome service and awesome brew. plus on some days they give you free beer now how can you go wrong?
balloon_knot

Postby BeerPal » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Have been meaning to try that place. I like Rubicon. I think Sacramento is an underrated beer town.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Nothing
Conditioning: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby balloon_knot » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:35 pm

yeah hoppy.com i think its sunday you get bottels to go with your meal great place i love it
balloon_knot

Postby cooldaddybeck » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Yep. Sunday gives you one free 22 oz bottle for each entree bought with your meal. We used to go on Sundays just for that deal.

I agree that they have awesome food, but their beer can sometimes leave something to be desired. Now and then they will have some pretty good brew on tap though (as far as the seasonals go). The standard rotation is better than most on the all-around factor.

Let me know when you're heading that way and I'll meet you for a pint. I work a lot closer to Hoppy than I live, so weeknights work for me!
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Hoppys Brew Pub

Postby rasmith » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:43 pm

I live in KC and get out to Sac quite often..Hoppys off the 65th st exit is my favorite brew pub..My business associate and I hit brew pubs across the US looking for the ultimate beer to homebrew. He's a hop head and goes for the ultra hopped beer. My favorite WAS Stony face red ale until he met his match with Kinderhook, also brewed at Hoppy Brewing.

If you have an opporutnity to visit Hoppys, do so fast to get a pint of Kinderhook. I understand it is seasonal and may not be around long. Hopefully if enough people ask for it Ed (brewmaster) will keep it around. Not in bottles so you'll have to enjoy at Hoppys or take a growler home.

I'm begging Ed for the clone on this and Stony. He said he will convert for me..I'm holding off my next batch so I can brew it..Cant wait!!
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Brewing's important to men who do it well. When you're Brewing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "

Awsome line from a great movie adapted to a beer theme. Any takers on what movie?
rasmith
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby Toad » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:47 pm

I met a vendor there last night & had a couple pints of Old Kinderhook. It was pretty tasty. One of their better seasonals IMHO.
Toad
6 Pack (200 posts)

Postby rasmith » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Have you tried River City Brewery?
Wood Head is not too bad
rasmith
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Return to Great Places