Stone Brewery and Bistro

Face it, sometimes you just don't want to cook. Got a great brewpub or restaurant you want to tell everyone about? Post it here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Stone Brewery and Bistro

Postby BeerBiker » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:43 pm

Oh....My.....GAWD! Stone has really got it going on SWMBO and I went down to the brewery today for the tour and to eat at the bistro. The tour was very impressive. The brewery is SPOTLESS and the staff top notch. The tour was informative and catered to homebrewers and wannabes just the same. At the conclusion of the tour, we received a taster glass and sampled some of the best Stone has to offer. After that, we staggered into the bistro for a bite to eat. It was a little pricey, but the quality of food was excellent, as was the service. We were well pleased.

The facility was quite impressive. Needless to say, there was a lot of stone throughout. Even the bathrooms were impressive. If you make it to San Diego, I say it is well worth your time to wander by Stone and take in the the tour. It's about 45 minutes, but seemed like 15. You can carry beers in on the tour and the samples afterwards make a nice cap. I had a great time.

EDIT: SWMBO had the Carribean jerked chicken, which is served with black beans and this killer habenaro sauce. All I have to say is the air around here is not breathing quality right at this moment. :shock:

SECOND EDIT: We've called in the Hazmat team and the insurance adjuster. There will be some serious cleanup required around here and the entire house will need to be repainted. The nuclear regulatory commision has called to see if there was an unauthorized release of toxic waste.

Mark
Me like beer.
BeerBiker
Addict (5000 posts)

Stone brewery

Postby hophead75 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:12 am

I pretty much knew the new stone brewpub was going to be a good place, too bad I live on the east coast. You have a great beer scene out there in San Diego, Alesmith, Pizza Port, Stone, and Lost Abbey....Lost Abbey's Cuvee de Tomme is ridiculously good. so is their Angel's Share. One of these years I am going to have to take a trip out there and hit all the good places including O'Brien's....
hophead75

Postby Brewtime » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:17 am

When i was there the garden was noting but one big hole in the ground
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Love the place! I'm going again this Saturday with the wife. We like to sit at the outside bar and get up every now and then and walk around the gardens with our pints. Anyone else going to be there?
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Liquid Bread » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:53 pm

There's a good chance I'll be there in the late evening concluding my bachelor party with my buddies. :)
Adrian Avgerinos
Homebrew Newbie
Liquid Bread
Keg (750 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:59 pm

I'll most likely be there in the late afternoon. Have fun with the bachelor party and make sure you drink too much...yes you read that correctly. :lol:
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby wguy00 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:34 am

The g/f and I go down there at least once a month. The trout is my favorite. I haven't been there for dinner yet. I've only eaten off the lunch menu. If you're a B movie fan, head down to Stone in the summer. They'll play movies like Army of Darkness and Airplane in the garden.

Stone definitely has a handle on things. They know how to run a top notch brewery.
-David

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

Zapp: Back when I was captain all I asked from my men was their complete loyalty. If I had that, then for all I cared they could sit around the whole day drinking beer in their underpants.
Bender: Beer?
Fry: Underpants?
wguy00
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:45 am

wguy00 wrote: They'll play movies like Army of Darkness and .

"Give me some sugar baby"

I live that movie. Have you seen Bruce Campbell in the USA series Burn Notice.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby Liquid Bread » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:28 pm

Liquid Bread wrote:There's a good chance I'll be there in the late evening concluding my bachelor party with my buddies. :)

Awesome. We ended up getting there around 11:30 last night and stayed until they closed around 1:00. What a cool place. The atmosphere was great, and architecture and landscaping of the bar and garden are amazing. I've got to go back to during normal business hours to get a tour of the brewery and try the food.

The beer selection was pretty extensive with a lot of guest breweries on tap and a large bottled selection. I ended up having their 07 barleywine which was a great way to finish out the night.
Adrian Avgerinos
Homebrew Newbie
Liquid Bread
Keg (750 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:00 pm

The wife and I are going again this Friday afternoon/evening. Anyone else going to be out that way?
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby wguy00 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:06 pm

We were thinking of heading down to S.D. this weekend, but on Saturday or Sunday so we can stop by Lost Abbey and pick up our bottles of Veritas 001. However, this weekend just keeps getting busier and busier. I don't know if it's gonna happen :cry:
-David

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

Zapp: Back when I was captain all I asked from my men was their complete loyalty. If I had that, then for all I cared they could sit around the whole day drinking beer in their underpants.
Bender: Beer?
Fry: Underpants?
wguy00
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: Stone Brewery and Bistro

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:57 pm

I'll be at Stone this Saturday, June 19th. Anyone else going? If so, let me know. Maybe we can have a beer or six together! 8)
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re:

Postby Monster Mash » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 am