Bogota Beer Company

Face it, sometimes you just don't want to cook. Got a great brewpub or restaurant you want to tell everyone about? Post it here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bogota Beer Company

Postby TampaBrew » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:46 am

I just returned from a trip to Bogota Colombia where I stopped into the BBC (Bogota Beer Company). They apparently have one main brewery in Bogota that ships out the beer to it's 7 BrewPubs. They regularly brew a Porter, Red and a Golden Ale. The Porter and the Red were real nice. the Red was nicely hopped too. They also brew some occasionals ... this time they had a nice belgian style wit.

I tried the other Colombian beers while in Bogota (Pilzen, Aguila, Colombia Club) and they were your typical BMCish style. nothing special. So I was happy to try some craft beer from a seemingly unlikely spot.

http://www.bogotabeercompany.com/

(i have some pictures that i will post later)
TampaBrew
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: Bogota Beer Company

Postby fossilsrocks » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:27 am

I wonder if anyone there has ever "Dry hopped" with coca leaves....
Scott

You should go fishing; it is good for the soul. Have you ever heard of a single Nazi who liked to fish? You can't trust people who don't fish. We need to teach our House & Senate members to fish. Those who don't want to should be used for bait.
fossilsrocks
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby TampaBrew » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:32 am

There is a common drink in Colombia that is made with cocoa leaves. There isn't enough in it to get you high, but t is an energy drink. I tried to find it, but apparently its not around the city. You have to travel outside of Bogota.
TampaBrew
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby JP » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 pm

I wish I knew you were going there, I know those guys! Woulda hooked you up!
Cheers!
JP
JP

Return to Great Places