Naja's.. Redondo Beach, Ca.

Face it, sometimes you just don't want to cook. Got a great brewpub or restaurant you want to tell everyone about? Post it here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naja's.. Redondo Beach, Ca.

Postby R8rPhan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:41 am

Website says 88 beers on tap, but I could swear that there used to be a lot more than that years ago...

Used to live in walking distance of this place..... Right on the boardwalk.. The whole front of the place opens up to the wharf via roll up steel garage doors... 'Awesome' atmosphere.. They used to off the 'sampler'.. for 5 bucks they handed you a wooden paddle with 4 four ounce glasses of your beer of choice, sitting in holes in the paddle... Great place to watch the game..

http://www.najasplace.com/Najas_Beta/Our_Menus.html
"Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

"Mmmmmmm... Beer!"
Homer Simpson
R8rPhan
Pitcher (300 posts)

Re: Naja's.. Redondo Beach, Ca.

Postby thetooth » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 am

88 beers on tap sounds about right. I agree that it's a great place to enjoy a beer or two, especially on a nice summer day. I just wish the city/pier/whoever would let them put tables outside. From what I understand, they have to keep people inside because of some ordinance about having beer outside the establishment.
thetooth
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby R8rPhan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 am

A good place for that is Zeppis Pizza at Hermosa Pier.. And they have Sierra Nevada on tap..
I beleive Hennesys has outside tables too.. And they're at the strand and pier... even better.. But long lines to get into that place is SOP...

Come to think of it, there's all sorts of outdoor establishments in Hermosa that serve beer and wine and drinks.. So that must be a redondo city thing...

But at least with Naja's opening up the entire side of the place, it has a pretty outdoor 'feel' to it...
Ben Franklin

"Mmmmmmm... Beer!"
Homer Simpson
R8rPhan
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby Monster Mash » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:01 pm

thetooth wrote:88 beers on tap sounds about right. I agree that it's a great place to enjoy a beer or two, especially on a nice summer day. I just wish the city/pier/whoever would let them put tables outside. From what I understand, they have to keep people inside because of some ordinance about having beer outside the establishment.

LA County sucks for alcohol laws, if any restaurant has outside tables they have to have a wall around the dining area so people don't step out with a beer in hand. I hate camping at LA county beaches also, if you get caught drinking beer in your campsite you'll get a ticket. Camping without beer SUCKS...
Monster Mash
Post Whore (10000 posts)

Postby beertron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 pm

i met a guy at rogue that was raving about this place. he and his wife live there and i guess their friend owns the place.
let there be beer

Tap #1 - Blueberry Biere de Garde
Tap #2 - Biere de Garde
Tap #3 - Foreign Extra Stout
Tap #4 - American Pale Ale
Tap #5 - Traditional Bock
Bottled: Oaked Barleywine, Brown Porter, Belgian Pale Ale
Carbonating: Chai Spiced Weizenbock
Conditioning: German Pils
Fermenting:
Brewing: American Barleywine (12-17-12)
beertron
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby R8rPhan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Monster Mash wrote:Camping without beer SUCKS...

That's why I camp in my front yard! Then 'I' make the rules! And if I break 'em, it's okay, cuz I'm the sheriff there!

I'd hate to grow up in SoCal as a kid these fays.. They've completely outlawed fun in any form... and even taxed smiling... And they wonder why kids act out so much... Definitely a different place than it was when I was a yute... I left about five years ago.. It was definitely past time...
Ben Franklin

"Mmmmmmm... Beer!"
Homer Simpson
R8rPhan
Pitcher (300 posts)

Return to Great Places