Black Market Brewing Company

Face it, sometimes you just don't want to cook. Got a great brewpub or restaurant you want to tell everyone about? Post it here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black Market Brewing Company

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Ok, so I went to visit Andy (Wingstall) today at his brewery. Very impressive setup! He was kind enough to walk me around and show me the entire setup from mash tun to fermenters. I don't remember exactly, but I think he said that he's brewing 420 gallon batches. :shock:

We then went back to the front of the brewery, to the tasting room, and sampled his three flagship beers. Hefeweizen, Anglo-American Brown Ale, and Rye IPA. All three were very tasty! The Hefe was very refreshing and wasn't dominated by cloves or banana like many are. The brown really impressed me. It had a great malt backbone with chocolate malt coming through on the aroma and taste. The Rye IPA was killer! It was well balanced and neither the malt nor the hops dominated the flavor and the rye came through on the finish. One of Andy's employees brought out a few bottles of Citra IPA that he had homebrewed too. A very tasty IPA with pineapple aroma (even if Andy thinks it smells like peaches). :lol:

Andy is very personable and really took some time to hang out and have a few beers with me. I definitely will be back and am going to try to get my company to host a party there soon. The tasting room is open Tuesday through Saturday (I think I got that right). If you're ever in the Temecula area of California, I highly recommend dropping by. The beer and conversation are great!
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: Black Market Brewing Company

Postby Brandon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Asskisser.

j/k I did get to sample BMB beers at GABF, they were great.
http://www.embracethefunk.com <------ My sour beer website
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Embrace-T ... 471?ref=ts

The beer is probably enjoyed by less people than actually like it. -Me
Brandon
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby DV8Pilot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 am

Brandon wrote:Asskisser.

j/k I did get to sample BMB beers at GABF, they were great.

Pot, meet keggle. :twisted: :lol:
-- Orion

I never said I was better than you; I said I was a Pilot, that IMPLIES it.
DV8Pilot
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Monster Mash » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 am

MaltnHopsrGood wrote:Ok, so I went to visit Andy (Wingstall) today at his brewery. Very impressive setup! He was kind enough to walk me around and show me the entire setup from mash tun to fermenters. I don't remember exactly, but I think he said that he's brewing 420 gallon batches. :shock:

420?.... 8)

No wonder they're dry hopping the wheat beer... :P
Monster Mash
Post Whore (10000 posts)

Postby DV8Pilot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:42 am

Monster Mash wrote:
MaltnHopsrGood wrote:Ok, so I went to visit Andy (Wingstall) today at his brewery. Very impressive setup! He was kind enough to walk me around and show me the entire setup from mash tun to fermenters. I don't remember exactly, but I think he said that he's brewing 420 gallon batches. :shock:

420?.... 8)

No wonder they're dry hopping the wheat beer... :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-- Orion

I never said I was better than you; I said I was a Pilot, that IMPLIES it.
DV8Pilot
Barrel (1000 posts)

Return to Great Places