Who's is your favorite steakhouse?

Face it, sometimes you just don't want to cook. Got a great brewpub or restaurant you want to tell everyone about? Post it here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Postby mtodd » Wed May 18, 2005 7:38 pm

ChuGalug wrote:Appleton Wisconsin,
"The Prime Quarter"
The steaks are only as good as the cook (YOU).

They bring you the cut you ordered and you cook it yourself over a huge grill whilst they bring you beverages, when your steak is done, a plate with Baked potato and greens appears;)
I used to get stuck in Appleton once a month or more (for a weekend) and outta all the other steak houses I have been to in 16+ yrs of trucking, 48 states, this is the best.

My ratings are based on having fun as well as a great meal!
Cheers...John

Hmmm...so you go to a restaurant and they charge you for a meal but then they make you cook it yourself? Thats some kind of racket there.....the owners are either the smartest people in America or folks in Wisconsin just aint too bright. :lol:
mtodd
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby ChuGalug » Wed May 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Stein wrote:Best steak, hands down is the Oasis in Belgrade, MT. The guy also owns a ranch and hand picks the meat for his restaurant. Plus, they refused to serve Ted and Hanoi Jane, my kind of guy.

When I moved to WA, the quality of meat took a nosedive. You just cannot buy good meat here.

The best in WA or OR that I have had was El Gaucho.

I will vouge for there homemade Tomato soup, I never had a steak there, yet (the Oasis that is).

And your right, you can't buy good beef in Washington, thats why we raise our own, two calfs a yr (not for sale, lmao), cheers...John
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Albert Einstein
ChuGalug
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby ChuGalug » Wed May 18, 2005 8:52 pm

Actually there are "Cook your own" restaurants all over the lower 48, that was just a favorite;)
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Albert Einstein
ChuGalug
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby Stein » Mon May 23, 2005 7:39 pm

I will vouge for there homemade Tomato soup, I never had a steak there, yet (the Oasis that is).

You are killing me! Unless you are a vegetarian, you must be a bit nuts to not have had Oasis prime rib! :cry:
Stein
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby JP » Tue May 24, 2005 10:40 am

Ted's of Beverly Hills - best cut of Prime Rib in the nation ...
Cheers!
JP
JP

Postby scooter » Wed May 25, 2005 6:28 pm

:D I have to say that Delmonicos in vegas, melt in your mouth felet. Don't get nooooo better. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scooter
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Postby ChuGalug » Wed May 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Stein wrote:

You are killing me! Unless you are a vegetarian, you must be a bit nuts to not have had Oasis prime rib! :cry:

I was truckin, and always avoided big meals, heh, but the beer has caught up.

Stopped in there twice a week when I was runnin cars for Beartooth auto transport.
Cheers...John
Albert Einstein
ChuGalug
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby marketfixr » Wed May 25, 2005 9:08 pm

The best steak I have had lately is from Catelman's Runner up being from Hungry Hunter, Outback is pretty good. I have heard of a place called Ruth Chris (sp) that is incredible, have yet to try it. The prime rib from Catelman's was incredible, had it rare of course, melt in your mouth, We had a service meeting there a few weeks back. I got there early had a few SNPA's and was feeling quite good, and said a little more than I should of to our area supervisor. :shock:

Kevin
"have torch, will travel"

On Tap
Rootbeer, Vanilla bourbon imperial porter, Cream Ale
marketfixr
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby DLS » Wed May 25, 2005 9:45 pm

Any of you SF Bay Area brewers been to Vic Stewart's in Walnut Creek? I've never been nor have I heard any first-hand reviews but I always see their name in the "Best Steakhouses in the US" list in the in-flight airline magazines. That list doesn't ever seem to change. Ever. Cheers...
Dave
"Drink Positive"

Past: Pale Ale, DIPA
Present: Zip
Future: Saison, weizen
DLS
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby marketfixr » Thu May 26, 2005 7:26 am

I have heard from a coworker that it is incredible, He said its quite pricey but worth it.

KEvin

On Tap
marketfixr
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Shakey Dog » Fri May 27, 2005 7:03 am

Oliver House in Toledo. Best steak I have ever had.

And down stairs in Maumee Bay Brewing and they also serve upstairs. The beer is ave. but much better than MBC.

Ruths Chris on the other had is one of the worst steaks I have ever had. Never again. Great service bad food :cry:

Don
Shakey Dog
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby marketfixr » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:54 am

DLS wrote:Any of you SF Bay Area brewers been to Vic Stewart's in Walnut Creek? I've never been nor have I heard any first-hand reviews but I always see their name in the "Best Steakhouses in the US" list in the in-flight airline magazines. That list doesn't ever seem to change. Ever. Cheers...

I asked my neighbor who eats at Ruth Chris probably twice a month, he Vic Stewart's is like Sizzler compared to Ruth Cris.

Kevin

On Tap
marketfixr
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Stein » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:19 pm

The Chris is pretty good, I have eaten at the ones in Seattle, Hong Kong and Taipei. It is a chain, but they serve a very good meal.

I eat on business, so price isn't a big deal, but it is overpriced since you have to order sides and salads separate.

If you get a chance, I would eat there.
Stein
Barrel (1000 posts)

Chicago steak house

Postby jonny4947 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Expensive, but consistently rated in the top 5 or 10 in the country... Chicago chop house...the BEST in the midwest . I was also wondering if anyone has gotten a chance to try REAL japanese steaks (not as soft as our beef but far more marbling)? I've heard its awesome, but its outrageously expensive, even in Japan.
jonny4947
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby gfoster » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:29 pm

Hmm, best steak I ever had was in Oklahoma city... there's a steakhouse at the stockyards (or at least there was about 15 years ago when I was hauling beef tallow and such for a living. So glad I don't do that anymore :)

I rarely (har har) eat steak anymore though... that much red meat sits in my stomach for a few weeks and makes me feel like I just ate a bowling ball.

-- Gary F.
Primary: empty
Tap 1: California Creamin'
Tap 2: empty

All my recipes: Buen Perro Brewing
gfoster
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Great Places