What do you think sucks?!

If you want to talk about something not related to one of the topics above, then you post it here. Still, no selling stuff, no political rants, no arguing about all the stupid stuff in the world. This is an auto-pruned forum, so topics that are not posted to frequently will automatically drop off.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: What do you think sucks?!

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Had to put down my one of my dogs, Bailey, on Saturday. She had surgery to remove 4 tumors in June and was doing great after that. Sadly about 2 weeks ago, I felt a tumor under her front armpit. Doctor said it was in her lymph node. He said he could do surgery to remove it, but because of where it was, she would likely be paralyzed in that leg due to the nerves, and there was no guarantee that it wouldn't come back. It was a malignant, high grade, mast cell tumor. He said that if it were his dog, he'd give her everything he wanted in her final days and put her down when the time came, as he didn't think the outcome would be positive.

We gave her all the treats and pieces of chicken that a dog could ever want and took her on walks, and snuggled and pet her as much as possible. Her belly started to swell about a week ago, and things started going bad. Took her to the vet on Friday and he said that her organs were shutting down, and that it was time. We took her home and loved her as much as possible. Her last day was a walk in the park with no leash, fried eggs for breakfast, and tons of hugs and kisses. I was with her till the end. Held her little head in my hand and stared into her eyes until she didn't hurt anymore.

I will miss her forever.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:40 pm

So sorry to hear this! They hold a special place in our hearts and make us better because of it. Will be thinking about you!
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary:
Kegged: JZ's WCB, RIS, Two Hearted Ale, Brown Moose Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby rplace » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 am

Oh man so sorry to hear that. Best of luck in the coming days. They are hard to get over.
rplace

Postby mcoates » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. In the past few years I've lost 4 really great dogs. 3 of them, the same; make their last few days/hours the best possible. The other just collapsed, he was 16. One of the others was 19. They all lived long lives and were very spoiled. They sure are easy to get attached to and hard to let go of, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
We have 2 now and the wife is talking about wanting another.
Anyhow, just remember the great times you had with her

Mark
It's a fine line between stupid and clever.
mcoates
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks for all the replies. I was really down when I posted that. It's been a few weeks and it's getting easier. Still weird though. I keep expecting her to be there and she's not. I named my Doppelbock Bailey, after her. Because it's big and a little sweet, like she was.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby alewife » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Awwww, Malt.... that's sweet, too. :wink:
On Deck: Irish Heavy, Mother Bunch's Holiday Porter, Dobby's Magic (like Mad Elf)

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink:

Cellared: Hardly Cider (2016)
alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:56 pm

bought 5 gallons ofapple cider at the store made sure it did not have Potass sorb. listed in ingedients only to find out that after 5 days later there has been no fermentation sucks. $40 of ingerdients down the crapper.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Brewtime wrote:bought 5 gallons ofapple cider at the store made sure it did not have Potass sorb. listed in ingedients only to find out that after 5 days later there has been no fermentation sucks. $40 of ingerdients down the crapper.

That does suck and I think I am right there with you. No Potass sorb listed as well, but mine is not doing a thing! So, on Saturday I pushed my Hoppy Amber to kegs and pulled off a cup of yeast slurry and added to it. Still no action. I am gonna have to dump it! Sucks indeed.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary:
tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:58 pm

70s this week.....no suckage at all!!!!
I might even hit some golf balls into the pond.
~Robert Brault

Primary:
tookalisten

Postby Brewtime » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:03 am

tookalisten wrote:70s this week.....no suckage at all!!!!
I might even hit some golf balls into the pond.

this winter has been sucky to playing some golf. I got all new clubs this year and have only payed with them twice. Don't have the time this week to play that sucks
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:03 am

Kicked my Oatmeal Chocolate Stout keg. It was 18 months old and just seemed to keep getting better with every pour. Moment of silence please.
~Robert Brault

Primary:
tookalisten

Postby alewife » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:54 am

Looks like you got about 11 days, of silence! Haha! Now get busy and brew some more! :wink:

Alewife
On Deck: Irish Heavy, Mother Bunch's Holiday Porter, Dobby's Magic (like Mad Elf)

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink:

alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby rplace » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:35 am

alewife wrote:Looks like you got about 11 days, of silence! Haha! Now get busy and brew some more! :wink:

Alewife

Ha! Best post in 11 days. :D
rplace

Postby tookalisten » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:16 pm

rplace wrote:
alewife wrote:Looks like you got about 11 days, of silence! Haha! Now get busy and brew some more! :wink:

Alewife

Ha! Best post in 11 days. :D

Agree! Alewife wins the internet!
~Robert Brault

Primary:
tookalisten

Postby alewife » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:00 am

And, 14 days later, I get the message! Haha! Have a good excuse, tho-- have been traveling in Scandinavia with my whole family, kids, grandkids, sons in law etc! Wow! What a trip! 8) And, that does NOT suck! :wink:

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink:

alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff