rplace Bday

If you want to talk about something not related to one of the topics above, then you post it here. Still, no selling stuff, no political rants, no arguing about all the stupid stuff in the world. This is an auto-pruned forum, so topics that are not posted to frequently will automatically drop off.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rplace Bday

Postby tookalisten » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:02 am

Happy Birthday: 50 + a day!
Since we are a day late we are getting you a cake with a card for a free colonoscopy!

We love you man!
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Blonde Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Re: rplace Bday

Postby CA_Mouse » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:15 am

Happy Belated Birthday! Oh to be 50 again! :mrgreen:
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #5: Irish Red
Keg #6: Tart Walking IPA
Keg #7: Dad's Apple Cider
Bottled: Robin's Root Beer
CA_Mouse
Keg (750 posts)

Postby rplace » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:23 am

tookalisten wrote:Happy Birthday: 50 + a day!
Since we are a day late we are getting you a cake with a card for a free colonoscopy!

We love you man!

Mmmmmm, Chocolate!

rplace

Postby Brewtime » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:44 pm

HBD Rich I will be joining you in a few month at 50
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby alewife » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Fifty's nifty! Or so I recall! Haha! :lol: Enjoy yourself!

Alewife
On Deck: Flanders Red

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink: Harri's Tudor 1504 Ale; Irish Heavy, Dobby's Magic Belgian Dark

Cellared: Hardly Cider (2015 and 2016)
alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:26 am

HBD brother!
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: American Brown Ale
Keg #2: IPA
Keg #3: Hallertau 2-Row SMASH
Keg #4: Hallertau 2-Row SMASH
Fermenting: Nothing
Next On Deck: IPA
Brewed in 2017: 30 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby rplace » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 am

+one week today. Thanks all. So far so good. Went to Ashville, NC for bday/beer trip. Too many good beers to list. Visited all sizes of breweries. They must have some pretty lax laws as it seems like you can brew/serve in just about any place. Visited a true nano with only two of their own beers on tap. Blichman pots and Electric Brewer controls. Seriously my equipment is bigger and probably more sophisticated than theirs. We all know that the equipment is not the driving factor - you can make great beer in just about anything....and they did.

High Wire and Wicked Weed are two must visit places in my book. Spent they better part of a day at Sierra Nevada OMeffingG! That place was amazing. I've probably been on 30 or more brewery tours. This place is like a pharmaceutical lab built around a brewery. Amazing set up. Tons of historical brewing equipment. Hands down best tour for knowledge/length/depth/tastings/etc. A MUST see before you die. Super echo-friendly and sustainable too. The tap house is equally great.
rplace

Postby alewife » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Yah. Sierra Nevada is tres cool. Won a tour and a steak dinner for 4 there at a fundraising auction last spring. We had a blast. Most impressive.

Alewife
On Deck: Flanders Red

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink: Harri's Tudor 1504 Ale; Irish Heavy, Dobby's Magic Belgian Dark

Cellared: Hardly Cider (2015 and 2016)
alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:32 am

rplace wrote:+one week today. Thanks all. So far so good. Went to Ashville, NC for bday/beer trip. Too many good beers to list. Visited all sizes of breweries. They must have some pretty lax laws as it seems like you can brew/serve in just about any place. Visited a true nano with only two of their own beers on tap. Blichman pots and Electric Brewer controls. Seriously my equipment is bigger and probably more sophisticated than theirs. We all know that the equipment is not the driving factor - you can make great beer in just about anything....and they did.

High Wire and Wicked Weed are two must visit places in my book. Spent they better part of a day at Sierra Nevada OMeffingG! That place was amazing. I've probably been on 30 or more brewery tours. This place is like a pharmaceutical lab built around a brewery. Amazing set up. Tons of historical brewing equipment. Hands down best tour for knowledge/length/depth/tastings/etc. A MUST see before you die. Super echo-friendly and sustainable too. The tap house is equally great.

Ha I was looking into going to Ashville with the family around my 50th next March, I was going to combine Golf and Brewery tours into the mix. My Kids Spring break is the last week of March and we have some good friends near there.
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby rplace » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 am

Brewtime wrote:
rplace wrote:+one week today. Thanks all. So far so good. Went to Ashville, NC for bday/beer trip. Too many good beers to list. Visited all sizes of breweries. They must have some pretty lax laws as it seems like you can brew/serve in just about any place. Visited a true nano with only two of their own beers on tap. Blichman pots and Electric Brewer controls. Seriously my equipment is bigger and probably more sophisticated than theirs. We all know that the equipment is not the driving factor - you can make great beer in just about anything....and they did.

Ha I was looking into going to Ashville with the family around my 50th next March, I was going to combine Golf and Brewery tours into the mix. My Kids Spring break is the last week of March and we have some good friends near there.

You will love it. Grove Park Inn looked to have a killer course too. We stayed the first night there then got a loft right down town. Grove Park Inn is super cool. I really liked it. I'd need a second mortgage if I were going to stay there a week....never mind the golf the spa has a $500 facial. :shock: :shock: Needless to say the girls were not allowed near that place :wink:
rplace

Postby tookalisten » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:59 pm

I went fly fishing a few weeks ago by Biltmore off the French Broad River; but did not get to visit any breweries. I now wish I had stayed longer.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Blonde Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale
tookalisten

Postby rplace » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 am

tookalisten wrote:I went fly fishing a few weeks ago by Biltmore off the French Broad River; but did not get to visit any breweries. I now wish I had stayed longer.

I work with a guy that is a big fly fisher and huge NC fan. He said the French Broad River is one of the best...I also think the Sierra Nevada property is on that River. You were so close.
rplace

Return to Off Topic Stuff