Check 1, 2, Check Check

If you want to talk about something not related to one of the topics above, then you post it here. Still, no selling stuff, no political rants, no arguing about all the stupid stuff in the world. This is an auto-pruned forum, so topics that are not posted to frequently will automatically drop off.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: Check 1, 2, Check Check

Postby dmtaylor » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Brewtime wrote:
tookalisten wrote:Just checked out NB new format Holly CF Batman. They cant think that this is a good layout or pleasing to the eyes

They're nuts. They deleted all posts older than a couple of years. The heyday. It's all gone. Tremendous resource, gone. So now I've ditched them. Almost exclusive on AHA now, and oddly enough, BeerAdvocate is not horrible, though less traffic than the past as well.

FB forums suck.
Dave
dmtaylor
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby thetooth » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:20 pm

I just don't check the forums as much as I used to. I pretty much just check this one and the AHA forum at this point.

I check rarely enough (couple times a month) that it's easy to keep up with this one but I miss a bunch of stuff on the AHA forum. LOL
thetooth
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby jeeper » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm still around, still brewing. No other forums for me though. My new years resolution is to post here at least once a month in 2016 :D
Jeff
jeeper
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby CA_Mouse » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:21 am

Been busy myself... I still check here every other day or so, but it has been pretty slow of late.
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #5: Irish Red
Keg #6: Tart Walking IPA
Keg #7: Dad's Apple Cider
Bottled: Robin's Root Beer
CA_Mouse
Keg (750 posts)

Postby wiliwahe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:51 am

wiliwahe
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby alewife » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:40 pm

dmtaylor wrote:
Brewtime wrote:
tookalisten wrote:Just checked out NB new format Holly CF Batman. They cant think that this is a good layout or pleasing to the eyes

They're nuts. They deleted all posts older than a couple of years. The heyday. It's all gone. Tremendous resource, gone. So now I've ditched them. Almost exclusive on AHA now, and oddly enough, BeerAdvocate is not horrible, though less traffic than the past as well.

+1 on the mess NB made of their forum! Huge loss! All that knowledge now unaccessible... :cry:

Alewife
On Deck: Flanders Red

In primary:

Conditioning:

Ready to drink: Harri's Tudor 1504 Ale; Irish Heavy, Dobby's Magic Belgian Dark

Cellared: Hardly Cider (2015 and 2016)
alewife
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:18 pm

I had NB forum as one of my favorites tab so I could check in often. I ended up deleting it and never go there now.
I've been bad about not checking this one daily like I used to. Good to drop in and see some familiar faces.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Vienna Lager
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale, Blonde Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby MullerBrau » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:33 am

tookalisten wrote:Not much going on here anymore; but appreciate the diehard fans that have stayed.
I used to visit NB forum a couple times a week; but do not like the new format; so have quit checking in there. I like NB but don't go there enough to figure the new format. Anyone else been on there and gotten used to it? Just curious more than anything else. Greg?
Same here. I check NB, B3 and CRAFT once per day but seems like forums are dying a slow death. I still brew 20+ gallons regularly but don't keep my website up to date very much.
MullerBrau
Barrel (1000 posts)

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff