6 or 7 oz bottles?

Discussions about packaging and dispensing beer. Anything from kegging and draft equipment to questions about bottling.

Moderator: Moderator Team

6 or 7 oz bottles?

Postby huongtram » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 am

Kids
KIDS was to be released by Miramax, which is part of Disney. But Disney boggled at the finished film, so Miramax created Excalibur, to release it, as it were, pseudonymously on its own. It is the first film of the 52-year-old still photographer Larry Clark, author of three controversial picture books, the second of them Teenage Lust (1983), all unknown to me.
It has been the longtime ambition of Larry Clark to make a film about how teenagers really are, which, according to him, has never been captured on screen.Enthralled by the freedom and ``culture'' of skateboarders, Clark learned best complete skateboard along with his 9-year-old son; he also hung out in Washington Square Park photographing them, which attracted the attention of a 19-year-old high-school dropout, Harmony Korine, who claims to be the grandson of Huntz Hall of the Dead-End Kids and Bowery Boys.
Asked by Clark to write him a screenplay, Korine delivered it in three weeks. The film was made with amateur actors, many of them skateboarders, though skateboarding is seen only fleetingly in the film. ``I think all my work has been cinematic-like,'' says the Tulsa-born, subliterate-like Clark, ``and my whole life was preparation for making this film.''The action takes place during the hottest day and night of summer in New York City. Supposedly every word was scripted, although the sudden disappearance of some major characters and emergence of others, and what feels like a certain haphazardness of plotting and some rambling dialogue, may suggest otherwise.
We do not get to know the ages of any of the kids, though they seem to be mostly between 15 and 17, along with some very young and a couple of older ones. But only one parent is glimpsed briefly, the mother of the hero, Telly, nursing a baby as she smokes. She denies Telly the money he clamors for, which he promptly manages to swipe. Even during the film's final, all-night orgy, no parent is remotely in sight.The movie begins with Telly's early-morning seduction (how did he get there?) of a sweet, blonde virgin in her room. This winsome creature does not even rate a name; the press kit refers to her as Girl #1. Leaving, Telly joins his friend Casper waiting outside, and gives him a full account of the intimate details; it appears that Telly specializes in deflowering virgins and aspires to have two at a time.

He is proud of not having meant a word of his declaration of love. The boys' language is utterly gutter, and doesn't change much when, later on, some girls join the gang.This takes place on the Upper East Side, and everything suggests middle-class kids. Later, confusingly, other clues point toward a lower social milieu. The cinematography, by Eric Alan Edwards, is documentary-style: much handheld-camera work, randomly catching traffic and passers-by, the jetsam and flotsam of city life, with the sound recording often (deliberately?) muzzy. The boys steal a peach from a fruit stand, a bottle of cola from a food store; they blithely jump over subway turnstiles. how to turn in skateboard
They keep talking sex in ways that would do hardened cons proud, and head for the apartment of Paul, a young man of Levantine appearance, where, with a bunch of other boys, they do drugs and talk more sex.Now the film's favorite technique takes over. Clark crosscuts between the boys and some girls in another apartment talking about their sexual experiences, extensive and varied, and discussed in considerable detail. Jennie, a former girlfriend of Telly's, is surrounded by black and Hispanic friends, and oral intercourse is the chief topic. Back and forth we go between complementary exploits of the two groups. Then another element is introduced: a visit to the hospital by Jennie, who is Anglo, and Ruby (circa 15) who is a dark-skinned Hispanic. Ruby casually enumerates to the nurse the number of her lovers, her unprotected copulations, and her indulgences in anal intercourse.
Nevertheless, she turns out to be clean; Jennie, whose only lover was Telly, is HIV-positive. We never see Ruby and Girl #1, both charmers, again.One of the main plot strands now is the tearful Jennie's search for Telly, whom she keeps missing. Another is the boys' hitting the Park, buying and pinching some dope, skateboarding, fag-bashing, getting into a pointless fight with an older black youth whom they all stomp on, then leave lying there, possibly dead. Eventually, a bunch of boys and girls proceeds to collect Darcy, the virgin Telly intends to seduce next. Then they all sneak into a closed public swimming pool to disport themselves, including getting a couple of girls to kiss each other avidly although without feeling anything.At night in a discotheque, Jennie is still vainly looking for Telly, but someone forces a pill down her throat.
She takes taxis and more taxis (a rich kid, evidently), and ends up at that all-night orgy, witnessed by some very much younger kids turning on, talking dirty, and impatient to be old enough to participate. Telly has just given Darcy the same line he fed to Girl #1, and gets permission from the host, a buddy, to take her to the parents' bedroom. Overcoming Darcy's feeble defenses, he seduces her. Copulations in the film are long and fairly detailed, but shot cannily so as to reveal minimal flesh. It is during this seduction that Jennie bursts in on Darcy and Telly, who roughly orders her out. Disconsolate, she collapses among a bunch of inert bodies.Casper is lying nearby, tries to talk to her, but finds that the pill has knocked her out completely.
Promptly, he is having intercourse with Jennie, though the girl never fully awakens as the rape runs its course. On the morning after, in a quick final shot, Casper has just learned that he has possibly contracted the virus Jennie -- and now perhaps Darcy -- got from Telly, and is scared stiff.I don't think I am doing a disservice to Clark and Korine by rapidly summarizing this plot that gestated 52 years and three weeks. Those who want to avoid such a movie will have heard enough about it from other sources; those who want to see Kids do not go for the surprise element. The interest here, in any case, is in the details, even in such seemingly irrelevant ones as the legless black beggar rolling through the subway cars on a sort of skateboard. Sporting a T-shirt reading, ``Kiss me, I'm Polish,'' and chanting, ``I have no legs,'' he is ignored by all.
The question, of course, is, Is it really like that? how to ride a skateboard fast
The press kit cites authoritative-seeming figures that tend to corroborate these goings-on. Even so, certain particulars too clearly meant to shock (e.g., Telly brutally kicking his cat out of his way) make one wonder. Just what lurks under the quasi-documentary approach: a moralist's warning or a middle-aged man's envy? In neither case should one shoot the messenger: both good and harm can be done in spite of oneself. But the film is a bit too personal for a documentary, too impersonal for a work of fiction. A work of fixation, then, neither to be swallowed whole nor to be dismissed out of hand.
Last edited by huongtram on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huongtram
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Re: 6 or 7 oz bottles?

Postby Brewtime » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 am

huongtram wrote:Does anyone know where I can get 1/2 size bottles?

I'm tired of my sisters opening 12 ouncers and only drinking half because they get warm :x
then setting the bottles down and opening another one :x

Years ago Little Kings Cream Ale came in that size.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=187ml+b ... gws_rd=ssl
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing