Faucet for ceramic sink

Discussions about packaging and dispensing beer. Anything from kegging and draft equipment to questions about bottling.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Faucet for ceramic sink

Postby DannyP » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:47 am

Hello, all. I've been researching for the past month about faucets.I have a fridge and CO2 system for both corn-kegs and domestic 1/4 kegs. The problem is, I moved and the living space is different. I used to have my setup on the same level I lived. But now I have the fridge in the basement directly under the kitchen sink. It is an old ceramic double drainboard with backsplash. My idea is to mount a faucet where the sprayer would normally go. I don't want a tower, as they are too high(it would block the window). The problem is, nobody I have found makes a faucet to mount directly to a horizontal surface. I would have plenty of clearance under the spigot, as the sink is about a foot deep. I plan to run a cooler hose and circulate glycol from a tank in the fridge, and then wrap the line with insulation to reduce waste. The physical distance is ten feet vertically, less than 14 feet in hose. Basically, I need a chrome 90 degree shank, or a faucet for horizontal mounting. A source for a coolant pump would help too. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I hate bottles! I have an empty glass in real life, as well as here!
DannyP
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby Lars » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:30 pm

Why not just hook your beer line up to the sprayer? Actually, all joking aside, I think it would be kind of cool to make a beer faucet that looked like a sink sprayer. You could surprise all your friends!

What about some of the goose neck looking towers?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Lars
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby LaKeBRewEr » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:33 pm

I am a plumbing and heating contractor here in beautiful Lake Tahoe and the faucets we use on our water treatment systems might work well for this application. The faucet we use, generically is called a "glass filler" a U shaped device with a lever handle, kind of a picnic tap on steroids. The base connection is 1/4" and a push lever controls the flow rate. I never have installed one for beer, but you got me thinking! Your local plumber or hardware store can sell you a quality one for about 30 bucks. Make sure you buy a quality one that can be dissassembled, cleaned and rebuilt. Let us know it works out.

LaKeBRewER
LaKeBRewEr
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Postby DannyP » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:09 am

Thanks Lakebrewer, I will give it a shot with a couple of local plumbing suppliers.

Found this on line:http://www.azpartsmaster.com/shopazp/Deck+Mount+Glass+Fillers+%28PAS2040%29%2Ehtml
DannyP
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: Faucet for ceramic sink

Postby franklin147 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:12 pm

DannyP wrote:Hello, all. I've been researching for the past month about faucets.I have a fridge and CO2 system for both corn-kegs and domestic 1/4 kegs. The problem is, I moved and the living space is different. I used to have my setup on the same level I lived. But now I have the fridge in the basement directly under the kitchen sink. It is an old ceramic Pedestal Sink double drainboard with backsplash. My idea is to mount a faucet where the sprayer would normally go. I don't want a tower, as they are too high(it would block the window). The problem is, nobody I have found makes a faucet to mount directly to a horizontal surface. I would have plenty of clearance under the spigot, as the sink is about a foot deep. I plan to run a cooler hose and circulate glycol from a tank in the fridge, and then wrap the line with insulation to reduce waste. The physical distance is ten feet vertically, less than 14 feet in hose. Basically, I need a chrome 90 degree shank, or a faucet for horizontal mounting. A source for a coolant pump would help too. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I hate bottles! I have an empty glass in real life, as well as here!

Hi Danny,
I just want to give one suggestion to you consult your problem with a plumber. In my opinion he can definitely help you out.
franklin147
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing