Co2 tank out side

Discussions about packaging and dispensing beer. Anything from kegging and draft equipment to questions about bottling.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Co2 tank out side

Postby Rayi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:42 am

I have a regulator to control two different pressures like drink one and cab one. The problem is the tank has to set inside because the hole into the kegarator is the size of a normal gas hose. This takes up enough room that I can't fit in another corney keg. Is there some sort of connection I could attach to the tank run it thru the kegarator then thru the regulator
Rayi
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: Co2 tank out side

Postby tookalisten » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:31 pm

If I am reading this correctly, because you have 2 regulators to control different pressure, you need to be able to run 2 gas hoses into the kegerator but only have room for one?

Sorry, a pic may help me.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary:
Kegged: JZ's WCB, RIS, Two Hearted Ale, Brown Moose Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby pclemon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:10 am

Agree with Took that it's a little difficult to picture what you're asking but will stick in my $0.02 that if the beer is cold you can carb it and serve it at the same pressure.
Pete
pclemon

Postby Bgrant » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:16 am

If you can run a hose from the outside into the kegerator, why don't you put a secondary regulator inside, use a manifold to split the incoming line, one side goes to the secondary regulator set to your serving pressure and the other higher pressure side to the keg being carbonated. You would set your primary regulator to the caring pressure and use the secondary to reduce the pressure to what ever you need for serving.
Regards
Bruce.
Bgrant
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby Rayi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:34 am

OK what would I need for a secondary regulator. Also how small do beer lines come. I might be able to get two smaller lines in
Rayi
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby Bgrant » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 am

An example of a secondary regulator:
http://www.morebeer.com/products/secondary-regulator-1.html?site_id=7

Example of a manifold:
http://www.morebeer.com/products/gas-manifold-2.html

The primary regulator would be set to carbing pressure, your gas line then runs into your kegerator.
The gas line inside the kegerator would connect to the manifold, one of the manifold connections would feed the keg being carbed, the other manifold connection would go to the secondary regulator, you would adjust the pressure down using the secondary regulator to serving pressure and then connect that to the keg you are serving from.

There are probably a ton of different ways of doing this, but, for me this is the most straight forward way.

HTH
Bruce.
Regards
Bruce.
Bgrant
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby Rayi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:04 am

That secondary regulator looks like just the thing. I can split the line coming into the kegerator and have it higher to carb. Then I could run the second line to the regulator and turn it down to serve a second keg. Might even be able to run the second regulator to another fridge and have a couple extra corneys in the wings. Thanks guys good info on this board
Rayi
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby pclemon » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:56 am

Rayi wrote:That secondary regulator looks like just the thing. I can split the line coming into the kegerator and have it higher to carb. Then I could run the second line to the regulator and turn it down to serve a second keg. Might even be able to run the second regulator to another fridge and have a couple extra corneys in the wings. Thanks guys good info on this board

You don't need the kegs at different pressures to carbonate and serve. In a balanced system you set your regulator at 10-14PSI (depending on the temperature of the fridge and how carbonated you like your beer) and it takes the beer 7-10 days to carbonate and you serve it at the same pressure.
Pete
pclemon

Postby Bgrant » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:51 am

pclemon wrote:You don't need the kegs at different pressures to carbonate and serve. In a balanced system you set your regulator at 10-14PSI (depending on the temperature of the fridge and how carbonated you like your beer) and it takes the beer 7-10 days to carbonate and you serve it at the same pressure.

Absolutely true, the only time you would need a secondary is if you are serving beers at two different pressures, or you want to force carb quickly. I prefer set and forget (as pclemon explains above), I like the results better than a quick force carbing provides. Do a search on balancing a system, basically it is making sure your serving lines are long enough and the correct diameter to provide enough resistance so that you get a nice pour and not all foam.
Regards
Bruce.
Bgrant
Pitcher (300 posts)

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing