Cameleon Brau

Reviews of MoreBeer kits and commercial brews.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cameleon Brau

Postby rplace » Sun May 13, 2012 11:17 am

I had the rare opportunity to taste a very special beer. I mananged to snag 6 bombers but it seems like I should have gotten somewhere between 17 to 45...oh wait that was the final score I am getting ahead of myself. Some of you might remember the banter and anticipation of the Huskers growing a pair and joining the Big 10. There were talks about brewing bets and bragging rights. If memory servers that is right about the time fosselrocks (Scott) stopped showing up, but that is a totally different story. Back to the beer. A week or so ago a chest the size which was fit for a pirates booty showed up on my door step. What could this be final payment on a wager, perhaps? Oh well worth the wait. For more information on the history see this. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39821&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=beer+bet To find out about this beer see below.

Aroma: Slight malty notes. Hop nose a bit moderate a tad high for the style. Faint esters in a very pleasant way. No diacetyl. Smells like VICTORY, much like napalm in the morning. :lol:

Appearance: Golen color, though it seems like this one shold have some blue to go with the maize-ish-ness. Low head with slightly low carbonation, as if someone had taken the wind out of the brewer's sails. Minimal head much like the alumni at the losing school.

Flavor: This is really where the cameleon comes into play. From where I am sitting it tastes sweet like winnig itself. From the middle of the country, especially in Nebraska it tastes like crow, one might imagine, along with bitter notes that seem to linger beyond the fall into the winter and spring.

Mouthfeel: Again two totally different beers here. In my glass it is an easy sipper, crisp and light makes you want another every year especially in November. To Husker fans it is a bitter pill to swallow that sticks in your craw

Overall Impression: A clean, well-attenuated, flavorful American lawnmower beer. I can see enjoying this and it many variants for years to follow as UofM surely won't let this brew be a one off fluke.
rplace
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Re: Cameleon Brau

Postby BrewBum » Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 am

:P
Nate
Guess what... I got a fever and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
http://www.Nebraskabeerblog.com
BrewBum

Re: Cameleon Brau

Postby BrewBum » Mon May 14, 2012 6:43 am

BTW, still perplexed by the carbonation thing, I get this fabulous creamy white head when I pour and find the carbonation, maybe a tad low for style but perfect for me. I am guessing I didn't bottle them very well.

You still suck for that review.
Nate
Guess what... I got a fever and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
http://www.Nebraskabeerblog.com
BrewBum

Return to Beer Reviews