organic beerfest beers

Reviews of MoreBeer kits and commercial brews.

Moderator: Moderator Team

organic beerfest beers

Postby rookie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:01 am

Went to the NAOBF yesterday to taste some, am serving today.
The one I liked best was Fish Tale organic blonde. I made a point of trying it beause it uses a hop (glacier) that I want to try out. I was pleasently surprized to find it really good.
Other good ones were Vertigo brewing: High Dive rye, McMenamin's: Dark Night dunkleweizen, Laht Neppur: peach hefeweizen, Fort George: barrel aged fruit beer, and Bison: honey-basil ale.
Steve,
"I'm a man, but I can change; if I have to, I guess"
The man's prayer from the Red Green show on PBS>
rookie
Keg (750 posts)

Re: organic beerfest beers

Postby rookie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 am

rookie wrote:Went to the NAOBF yesterday to taste some, am serving today.
The one I liked best was Fish Tale organic blonde. I made a point of trying it beause it uses a hop (glacier) that I want to try out. I was pleasently surprized to find it really good.
Other good ones were Vertigo brewing: High Dive rye, McMenamin's: Dark Night dunkleweizen, Laht Neppur: peach hefeweizen, Fort George: barrel aged fruit beer, and Bison: honey-basil ale.

I was thinking about doing a dunkle weizen later this year so I sent an e-mail to the Mcmenamins corporate address asking what yeast was used. A couple days later I got an e-mail from Mark Goodwin the brewer that went into detail about the entire recipe. I changed a couple of things in my recipe hoping to get close to the Dark Night.
Mark also told me that a year ago he was a home brewer.
I have a soft spot for McMenamins as the first craft beer I ever had was at one of their locations.
"Beer got taste?" :) :)
Steve,
"I'm a man, but I can change; if I have to, I guess"
The man's prayer from the Red Green show on PBS>
rookie
Keg (750 posts)

Re: organic beerfest beers

Postby turbo_ale » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:58 pm

NickSmith wrote:Driving on the roads boosts the chance of accidents, and sometimes this leads to tragedy. Determine what vehicular murder is and perhaps you can stay away from it whenever you get behind the wheel. You can buy used car to keep you secure. Drinking and then driving can be very dangerous because you might get involve in a car accident. You should avoid drinking a lot of beer if you are going to be the one to drive the car.

So does cell phone / texting while driving :roll:
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Beer Reviews