third shift

Reviews of MoreBeer kits and commercial brews.

Moderator: Moderator Team

third shift

Postby speed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 pm

found this beer in a small liquor store in alliance nebr. its an amber lager made by 'band of brewers' from fort worth texas-trenton Oh. i thought it was unusual that it was displayed in with the bud miller coors and it didn't take long with a little google search to find out it is made by millercoors. not a bad beer if you want a lawnmower beer but disappointed that they are sneaking beer into the craft market.
What will be will be.
Jane Hodges
speed
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: third shift

Postby usmcruz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am

That beer is actually big in Florida. They sell it in every corner store here in Jacksonville.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby Monster Mash » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 am

Sounds like another Batch 19. I went to Bevmo for their Friday beer tasting and there was a girl from Coors pushing Batch 19 pre-prohibition lager. It was okay but it was kind of like Coors with more hops or more like PBR. I would have said what I really thought of the beer but she was pretty cute and didn't want o knock her product.
Monster Mash
Post Whore (10000 posts)

Re: Re: third shift

Postby usmcruz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 am

Monster Mash wrote:I would have said what I really thought of the beer but she was pretty cute and didn't want o knock her product.

:lol:
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"
Ernest Hemmingway
usmcruz
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: Re: third shift

Postby pclemon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 am

usmcruz wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:I would have said what I really thought of the beer but she was pretty cute and didn't want o knock her product.

:lol:

And this is why the marketing feedback never translates to sales.

"The product seemed to generate really great feedback from all the people that tasted it"

"So how come no-one bought it after the free samples?"

"It must have to do with the label"

:)
Pete
pclemon
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Monster Mash wrote:Sounds like another Batch 19. I went to Bevmo for their Friday beer tasting and there was a girl from Coors pushing Batch 19 pre-prohibition lager. It was okay but it was kind of like Coors with more hops or more like PBR. I would have said what I really thought of the beer but she was pretty cute and didn't want o knock her product.

Usually it's the cute one's whose product you'd want to knock. :roll: :lol:
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Nothing
Keg #2: IPA
Keg #3: Hallertau 2-Row SMASH
Keg #4: Hallertau 2-Row SMASH
Fermenting: Nothing
Next On Deck: IPA
Brewed in 2017: 30 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Return to Beer Reviews