New Belgium Giddy Up

Reviews of MoreBeer kits and commercial brews.

Moderator: Moderator Team

New Belgium Giddy Up

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 pm

It's been awhile since anyone has reviewed a beer, so I figured, why not?

Poured a nice copper color with an off white head. Aroma was of slight lemon and coffee, with caramel.
Taste was very balanced with malt and hops and a bit forward with a slight coffee and a finish of lemon.
Mouthfeel was great, a little creamy on the texture with a nice finish. Not too dry, but not too sweet.
Overall this is a nice beer. Different as the lemon and coffee tend to clash, but then again, they work together. I know this doesn't make sense, but if you taste it , you'll understand.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Nothing
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 40 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Re: New Belgium Giddy Up

Postby turbo_ale » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:37 pm

I just bought their rotator 12 pack and that was the featured beer. For a amber beer with espresso in it, it is great and not over the top. I picked up on the creamy texture, clean finish, caramel, balanced overall. The lemon, I did not until I read the label, then I could detect a faint citrus flavor, otherwise I would have missed it.
I enjoyed the beer as an espresso amber beer, well made.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Re: New Belgium Giddy Up

Postby hwasone » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I had this one years ago at the Autumn Brew Review at Grainbelt in Minneapolis. I remember it being surprisingly tasty.
Jason
hwasone
Barrel (1000 posts)

Return to Beer Reviews