Warsteiner Dunkel

Reviews of MoreBeer kits and commercial brews.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Warsteiner Dunkel

Postby turbo_ale » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:58 pm

First time going to the famous Edelweiss German Restaurant in my city. They had an excellent German bier selection from draft to bottles. I surprised myself by ordering a large pitcher (four pints) of Warsteiner Dunkel for myself, never ordered that much in one sitting. Drank every last drop and was very pleased by the aroma, flavor, balance of the beer. Very dark brown with red hue, medium head, light aroma of malt, great lacing, typical Munich malt flavor, clean as a Lager should be, very easy to drink.
Beer menu: http://www.edelweissrest.com/beerMenu.html

Food, wow, very impressed with what I had, the MÜNCHNER PLATTE - A combination plate of spiessbraten, bratwurst, rouladen, served with red cabbage, sauerkraut, spätzle & fried potatoes. $20.95
Food menu: http://www.edelweissrest.com/dinnerMenu.html

Dessert, another wow, German Chocolate cake. Needless to say after that super rich dessert I was ready to pop.
Dessert menu: http://www.edelweissrest.com/dessertMenu.html
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Re: Warsteiner Dunkel

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Sounds amazing!!!
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: American Brown Ale
Keg #2: Coconut Brown Ale
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Nothing
Next On Deck: IPA
Brewed in 2016: 55 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Deadeye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 am

I ran into an Old man at Trader Joe's who was buying all of the Warsteiner Dunkel six packs. I asked him if I could grab one and he told me that he had helped liberate the town where the brewery was during the war. He told me that his company was stationed there for a few weeks after and that he met his wife and favorite beer there.
“Blessing of your heart you brew good ale. . .” – W. Shakespeare

Fermenting: Chamomile Wheat
On Tap:
Bottled: Levitator IPA(Stone Levitation clone)/BlackIPA/Me So Hoppy IPA/Schmutz Deibel Kolsch/Burley Brown Ale
Aging: Me So Hoppy IPA/Levitator IPA(Stone Levitation clone)/BlackIPA/Schmutz Deibel Kolsch/Burley Brown Ale
Deadeye
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Deadeye wrote:I ran into an Old man at Trader Joe's who was buying all of the Warsteiner Dunkel six packs. I asked him if I could grab one and he told me that he had helped liberate the town where the brewery was during the war. He told me that his company was stationed there for a few weeks after and that he met his wife and favorite beer there.

Well, then I'd say that old soldier deserves them all!
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: American Brown Ale
Keg #2: Coconut Brown Ale
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Nothing
Next On Deck: IPA
Brewed in 2016: 55 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby turbo_ale » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Deadeye wrote:I ran into an Old man at Trader Joe's who was buying all of the Warsteiner Dunkel six packs. I asked him if I could grab one and he told me that he had helped liberate the town where the brewery was during the war. He told me that his company was stationed there for a few weeks after and that he met his wife and favorite beer there.

Great story.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby Alan01 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:40 am

I was a big fan of Angel City before they re-opened. They made some really interesting beers in those days. However, I will continue to follow their progress and will probably visit again soon.
Digital printed chiffon fabric Digital printed chiffon fabric
Alan01
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Return to Beer Reviews