favorite breweries in SoCal

Reviews of MoreBeer kits and commercial brews.

Moderator: Moderator Team

favorite breweries in SoCal

Postby KTbrew » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:52 am

So I’m finally doin it for real. I’m leaving Southern California. Back to my home state of Wa. For sentamintal reasones I thought I’d write a short review of some of my . There’s no way I can get all of them and there are definitely breweries I haven’t been to. These are just a few of my faves.

1. I&I brewing in Chino Ca. A 3bbl. nano in an industrial complex. I have frequented this brewery more than any other. Their creativity and range is amazing. There is frequently 24 beers on tap all made in house. Friendly staff and if you show up on a Friday night there’s likely to be a reggae show going on.
2. Pizza Port- Multiple locations, great beer and pizza, short walk to the beach. It’s common to see people in their wet bathing suits drinking beer. My favorite is the location in San Clemente.
3. Modern Times in San Diego. I just love this place and their beer. Lots of hops, sour, and funk.
4. Stone and The Lost Abby. I know it’s actually two breweries but they are about a mile apart. Stones brewery location is a destination worth seeing. I’m not a huge fan of Stone’s beer but they have many others on tap. You can hang out all day in the garden if you want. Then go over to Lost Abby and take advantage of their $1 tasters. Chances are you will be able to try once in a life time beers.
5. Newport Beach Brewing Company. Old world pub atmosphere at the beach. They have good IPA’s and usually a sour.
KTbrew
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Re: favorite breweries in SoCal

Postby turbo_ale » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:30 am

I&I is an amazing place for such a small brewery. I only have been to their original place, I moved since they opened across the street.

WA is a happening beer state, you should like it.
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby KTbrew » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:45 pm

turbo_ale wrote:I&I is an amazing place for such a small brewery. I only have been to their original place, I moved since they opened across the street.

WA is a happening beer state, you should like it.

You should visit I&I again if you get the chance. They just keep getting better.

Also, I know WA is a good beer state. I use to live there and frequently visit. I will however miss the scene here in the L.A. / I.E. area which is new and currently exploding.
KTbrew
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:37 pm

I've been to I&I many times. Especially for the Friday night reggae shows. Great beer and great people.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Nothing
Keg #2: IPA
Keg #3: Hallertau 2-Row SMASH
Keg #4: Hallertau 2-Row SMASH
Fermenting: Nothing
Next On Deck: IPA
Brewed in 2017: 30 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Return to Beer Reviews