Darkening Malt

The techniques, tips and tricks of making beer from grain.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Darkening Malt

Postby erikn68 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I am trying to find out what malt others use to darken beer but without any flavor added. I have heard using carafa special II, but I tried in vorlaug but had it grind to a powder and I get the roasty bitter flavor. I want something that has NO roast. Any ideas.

Erik
erikn68
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Re: Darkening Malt

Postby Denny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 am

Sinamar
Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

http://www.dennybrew.com
Denny
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby Sigeorge » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 am

Hey, sorry for my interruption. I just need your help. I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a Liquor Drinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Sigeorge
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:20 am

Sigeorge wrote:Hey, sorry for my interruption. I just need your help. I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a Liquor Drinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Arrange to take a trip with him. My kids are all out of the house and speaking as a Father, all I ever want is now to spend time with them. I don't need a gift. Your gift to him is your time.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: RIS, Two Hearted Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Citra Pale Ale, JZ's WCB
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby Sigeorge » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 pm

tookalisten wrote:
Sigeorge wrote:Hey, sorry for my interruption. I just need your help. I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a Liquor Drinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Arrange to take a trip with him. My kids are all out of the house and speaking as a Father, all I ever want is now to spend time with them. I don't need a gift. Your gift to him is your time.
[quote="tookalisten"]

Thank you tookalisten.Now I have a good idea on how to surprise my Father.. Thank you again.
Last edited by Sigeorge on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigeorge
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Return to All Grain Brewing