Bottled first batch

All about sake.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bottled first batch

Postby TampaBrew » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 pm

so i just bottled my first batch of sake (sake kit from B3)

Super cloudy, creamy white/yellow color. I pastuerized it at 132 degrees for 5 minutes and transferred to a growler for aging. I tasted it, not bad at all. Better than some commercial sake i have purchaed, just milky. Hopefully it will settle out. I had 2 blow-offs, so i was skeptical of the turnout. We'll see what happens. regardless, i have about a 1/4 gallon of sake that will hopefully be ok.

Anyone esle try the sake kit Morebeer sells? Interested in results.
TampaBrew
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:32 am

neve made any sake
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: Bottled first batch

Postby chico » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:40 pm

i know this is a little late but i just did the B3 sake kit and loved it, i let it age for 2 months after taking it off the rice and then decanted the liquid of the settled remains, clear and slightly yellow in color, when poured into a wine glass glass it looked like a chardonnay! I had a nice Poke with it the other night, awesome. Excellent kit although i would probably buy it more often if it were a couple of bucks cheaper.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.
chico
Corny Keg (500 posts)

Return to Sake