Ethipian Sidamo

General discussions on home roasting

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ethipian Sidamo

Postby cooldaddybeck » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:59 am

What an awesome coffee! I roasted one pound last night in my WP, took it to a nice dark french roast (mmmm...oily beans).

Thick feel to it, definitely has some great body. Dark flavors (chocolate) and the raspberry that Casey hinted at is there in the background, but it's subdued, not a bright fruit flavor.

I may have to stock up on this bean, it will probably prove popular.
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby kaufeenow » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:05 pm

I've only experienced this coffee at starbucks. I believe it's one of their lighter roasts (in comparison to french or italian roast). It was definitely one of their better coffees IMO. I will have to put that on my list of varietals to roast.
kaufeenow
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby cooldaddybeck » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:27 pm

I roasted to Casey's recommendation, which (without the enlarged popup available on morecoffee.com) seemed to be French Roast.

One of my favorites so far. :0)
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Home Roasting