Morning cuppa

General discussions on home roasting

Moderator: Moderator Team

Morning cuppa

Postby gfoster » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 am

Man, just had to share... my morning cuppa joe today is freakin' awesome. I have a tiny little bit of Costa Rica finca tono miel left, so I blended it half and half with some Brazilian morenhina formosa and used it in the aeropress this morning.

Holy mackeral.

I roasted the tono miel to about a city+ and the formosa to a full city+. The tono miel is very bright, huge strawberry and stonefruit, big soaring high notes. Almost (but not quite) too bright all by itself. The formosa is deep and rich with milk chocolate and nuts. It's almost too much all by itself also. Mix them together and wow.

I made a cappuccino with this blend too (2/3 formosa, 1/3 miel) and it was also incredible. In the aeropress, I did it half and half. By the way, I thought the AP was going to be a joke/toy/PoS. Boy was I wrong, this thing rocks.

Wow... just... wow. Too bad I only got 1 lb of the miel and I'm down to my last 3 or 4 oz. I'll get another couple cups out of it at least. I love this formosa, have about 3 lbs of it left (and can get more, luckily). I'll try mixing it with some of my other really bright Ethiopians and see what happens.

The doc who told me "no more coffee" can kiss my white hairy Irish butt.

-- Gary F.
Primary: empty
Tap 1: California Creamin'
Tap 2: empty

All my recipes: Buen Perro Brewing
gfoster
Site Admin

Re: Morning cuppa

Postby swede sd » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm

I just finished a glass of a freaken awsome honey wheat beer, but your post has made me want a cup of coffee. My God, I'm so confused, HELP me, please someone HELP ME.
swede sd
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Return to Home Roasting