Just brewed up the Ethiopian Harrar Horse

Blends, beans, brewing machines - all fair game!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Just brewed up the Ethiopian Harrar Horse

Postby cooldaddybeck » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:07 am

Well, I brewed up a pot with my lightly roasted (just post-first crack) Harrar Horse. I haven't tasted it yet, too hot, but it smells awesome!

I used the company brewer that dumps it into a vacuum dispenser. Not ideal, but the easiest way to share. Now I'm just waiting for it to cool so I can see what it tastes like.

The office manager was commenting yesterday on how our coffee, although it is Peat's, just isn't that good. I promised to bring in something good.

Hope it passes muster.
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Taste review

Postby cooldaddybeck » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:22 am

With the light roast, this brew comes across with a pleasant aroma and a light color. If I presented it in a clear cup it may be mistaken for tea.

Earthy tones are subtle, with a hint of sweetness that could be attributed to a fruit that you just can't finger. I can definitely see the blueberry that Casey picked out.

There seems to be a slight citrus note, or something similar that provides a very minor tinge of tang in the background.

If I was completely over my cold, I think this would be a flavorful explosion with each sip. In my current state, it is an extremely tasty coffee and I'm going to have to force myself to try a darker roast next time, this light roast is awesome!
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Coffee Brewing