Indonesian Sumatra

Blends, beans, brewing machines - all fair game!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Indonesian Sumatra

Postby cooldaddybeck » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:13 am

I guess my brewing notes for the first roast are under Home Roasting. It was taken to the end of the first crack and proved quite popular in the office.

I'm drinking the second roast now, taken to the second crack (which continued while cooling). This roast presents much darker than the first. I'm not sensing any bitterness, more of a smooth, full flavor. I'd probably rank it in the mild range for dark roasts as far as prominant flavors. It really just fits into the typical "coffee" aroma and flavor department, but seems much more refined than anything you could get at the store. It's a very likeable every day brew with low acidity.

I'll be stocking this bean for daily use. It's extremely likeable and proving popular in the office.
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Coffee Brewing