Saeco Vienna

Blends, beans, brewing machines - all fair game!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Saeco Vienna

Postby Roger456 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:23 pm

Saeco Vienna

My boss has been selling these on a side business website, and we got one for use in the office. Speaking as somebody who prefers to brew in a simple cone filter, it's pretty cool. Grinds the coffee (yeah, yeah, old hat) but it also tamps it into the espresso deal-y, shoots the steam through the grounds, then when done, it empties the grounds into a waste compartment. The crema on the espresso is thick and amazing. Apparently the digital model has quite a few extra-nifty features...

It's definately too expensive to be in my kitchen, but I've decided to start bringing my coffee beans into work, and shaving 10 minutes off of my hectic morning rush to work.

BTW- That is not my boss's website. I'm not that crass.
Roger456
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby ChrisL » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:44 am

What does one of those machines go for anyway?

I played with the idea of getting an expensive espresso machine but I can never justify it. I just don't drink enough of it. I guess I just prefer my french presss coffee. However, if the right deal comes alone it may change my mind.
On Tap: Pirate's Porter, Chocolate Imperial Stout, S.O.B.
Fermenting/Conditioning: Barleywine, IPA^2, 60 Schilling; Kolsch; Belgian Dubbel

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
ChrisL
Pitcher (300 posts)

Postby Roger456 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:50 am

That one is about $450-500. The digital model goes for $650-700. I don't think I'd ever pay that much for a coffee machine. That said, I'm not sure I'd want to pay less, given how well my cheapo Mr. Espresso works.
Roger456
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby cooldaddybeck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:55 am

yeah, those are da bomb. someday....
Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast: combine, age, consume.

"You remind me of that scene from Zoolander....the one where the male models are dancing while spraying each other with gasoline..."
~SWMBO

"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident. " ~Derek Zoolander
cooldaddybeck
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby gfoster » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:15 pm

Ok, I *know* you all are planning on buying me a wedding present. I'll just say mmmm.... coffee. One of those machines would sure look nice on my counter :)

Heh.

-- Gary F.
Primary: empty
Tap 1: California Creamin'
Tap 2: empty

All my recipes: Buen Perro Brewing
gfoster
Site Admin

Postby Roger456 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:07 pm

Well, it is cheaper than that 1550 we had our eye on.

On a related note, can you register for your wedding at B3?
Roger456
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby gfoster » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Oh man, don't get me started. I honestly suggested registering at B3. She was NOT amused.

I've noticed that ever since she's gone into full-scale normandy invasion wedding planning mode her sense of humor has taken a vacation. In her defense though, I wasn't kidding about registering at B3 :)

-- Gary F.
Primary: empty
Tap 1: California Creamin'
Tap 2: empty

All my recipes: Buen Perro Brewing
gfoster
Site Admin

Return to Coffee Brewing