BUNN-Makes coffee too fast?

Blends, beans, brewing machines - all fair game!

Moderator: Moderator Team

BUNN-Makes coffee too fast?

Postby jc » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:54 am

My brother in law gave us a BUNN coffee maker for Christmas. We were actually pretty happy with our regular drip maker, but he's the type that brags that his coffee maker makes the fastest coffee...But, I like very strong coffee, and I think that the BUNN just makes it too weak, there's not enough time for water to contact the grounds. No matter how much I put in (or conversly using less water), it doesn't really get strong enough. Is there any other tricks I could try with it?
jc
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Re: BUNN-Makes coffee too fast?

Postby Tenchi_Kioto » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:40 pm

jc wrote:My brother in law gave us a BUNN coffee maker for Christmas. We were actually pretty happy with our regular drip maker, but he's the type that brags that his coffee maker makes the fastest coffee...But, I like very strong coffee, and I think that the BUNN just makes it too weak, there's not enough time for water to contact the grounds. No matter how much I put in (or conversly using less water), it doesn't really get strong enough. Is there any other tricks I could try with it?

I ive had a bunn for a long time now... I love it... I make some pretty stiff coffee now sure why you cant (what gravity/color do you want :D )... but i would say that its not the speed (but yes nice) its more the water is heated while its in contact with the grains... not cold like other coffee makers... which makes a better pot of coffee...
Tenchi_Kioto
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Re: BUNN-Makes coffee too fast?

Postby dannyw » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:02 am

jc wrote:it doesn't really get strong enough. Is there any other tricks I could try with it?

Maybe grind it finer?
dannyw
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Postby jc » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:37 am

I tried a finer grind, and while it did make it a little stronger, I have to be very careful. Too fine, and the thing clogs, and overflows out of the filter basket making a mess all over the counter. I'm not liking this thing so far :(
jc
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Return to Coffee Brewing