moving a sour beer?

Post all your fermentation related issues here... temperature control, "is my beer done", etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

moving a sour beer?

Postby KTbrew » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:23 pm

So it looks like I'll be moving. Pretty far and pretty soon! I'm actually finally taking a job at a brewery. I have a sour beer that's not even close to done. I sour my beers in a corny keg that's missing the output post. I just shove a vinyl tube in the hole for an air lock. If I were to seal up the keg and move with it would that be very damaging? My other option is to give it to a friend and maybe I'll get a bottle some day. What do ya think?
KTbrew
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Re: moving a sour beer?

Postby CA_Mouse » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:31 pm

KTbrew wrote:So it looks like I'll be moving. Pretty far and pretty soon! I'm actually finally taking a job at a brewery. I have a sour beer that's not even close to done. I sour my beers in a corny keg that's missing the output post. I just shove a vinyl tube in the hole for an air lock. If I were to seal up the keg and move with it would that be very damaging? My other option is to give it to a friend and maybe I'll get a bottle some day. What do ya think?

Where are you at and where are you moving to? If you were close I'd say bring it by and I'll hold it for you. I've already got 2 souring and one in the bottle, so it would just be another one sitting there maturing as far as I'm concerned.

Congrats on the employment side! Hopefully it is worth making the move.
Mouse
-=ô¿ô=-
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Primary: Hopping Dead
Secondary: Mead - Cinnamon; Boysenberry; Blackberry; Tart Cherry
Barrel #2: American Barleywine
Secondary: Dark Cherry Sour '13
Secondary: Pom-Cran Sour '13
Keg #1: Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout
Keg #2: Cascade Pale Ale
Keg #3: Berliner Weiss
Keg #4: Cascade Pale Ale