Shipping claim

Forum support questions and discussion.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shipping claim

Postby kelbiont » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:19 am

I've writen 2 mail to support[at]moreflavor[dot]com but i've received no responses. So i'll post also here.

Good day, i have received my package (related to invoice number 2617498, date 04/01/2011), but there was a packaging error.

As you can see in the images

one of the 4 jar of sorghum syrup was wrapped firmly in the bubblewrapp paper, but it was packaged head-down with the cap OPENED. The entire jar content was spread everywere. Another one of the jars was open, but i was lucky enought and it remained attached so only little was lost. Perhaps you have some cap screwing problems.

I live in Italy so i've paid 77 $ shipping and 25€ of customs fees: a total of 34.60 $ for jar.

What are your refund procedures? I think that the packaging error is easily imputable and i would like to have back the value of the arrived-empty jar or have another one shipped as refund.

Best Regards,

--
Ing. Vittorio Valle
kelbiont
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: Shipping claim

Postby MuddyMikes » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:00 am

I would strongly encourage you to call them directly at 001 800 600 0033 and bring this to their attention directly. I realize this means placing a call very early in the moring for you due to the time difference, but their Customer Service is Outstanding. I have been dealing with Morebeer for years and on those rare occassions in which I have had an issue they have always made good on my order.
Wine is but
single broth.
Ale is meat,
drink and cloth.

16th Century English Proverb
MuddyMikes
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby pclemon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 am

MuddyMikes wrote:I would strongly encourage you to call them directly at 001 800 600 0033 and bring this to their attention directly. I realize this means placing a call very early in the moring for you due to the time difference, but their Customer Service is Outstanding. I have been dealing with Morebeer for years and on those rare occassions in which I have had an issue they have always made good on my order.

And would add that while MoreBeer supports the forum they do not actively have anything to do with it.
Pete
pclemon
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby BeerPal » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 am

Jeezus, not this sh*t again. :roll:
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Nothing
Conditioning: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby BrewBum » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:23 am

I am half thinking that customs opened it and didn't close it properly when they put it back. That being said, I bet if you get a hold of morebeer they will take care of it, but you will have better luck by phone.
Nate
Guess what... I got a fever and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
http://www.Nebraskabeerblog.com
BrewBum

Postby BeerPal » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:29 am

BrewBum wrote:I bet if you get a hold of morebeer they will take care of it, but you will have better luck by phone.

+1

1-(800) 600-0033
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Nothing
Conditioning: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby ryanb » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 am

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about this. I have looked into this with our customer service department and this is the first anyone has heard of your situation. I wonder why those emails weren't getting through. The private message is really all that is needed as opposed to the forum post, but oh well...

We would be happy to refund you for the broken jars. I am sorry for the mess! I can gurantee we did not package the jars upside down and open...

How many jars do we owe you for? also, please feel free to email me directly: ryanb@morebeer.com
DOZE Homebrew Club of the Year 2010
ryanb
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby Roc-Craven » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:36 pm

BrewBum wrote:I am half thinking that customs opened it and didn't close it properly when they put it back.

That would be my guess. When we got our bottling machine from Canada, customs completely disassembled it and reassemble it in correctly. Took 2 days to put it back together.
Jon Sheldon
Owner/Brewer
Bugnutty Brewing Company

Those who can, do. Those who cant, Hire someone else to do and then take credit for it. -- Jon Sheldon
Roc-Craven
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby kelbiont » Wed May 04, 2011 1:14 am

I think that missing mails issue was my error: 'cause i sent them to support@moreflavor.com and not to support@morebeer.com (wrong domain. didnt' notice it) :roll:

Thanks for your replies :)
kelbiont
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Postby ryanb » Wed May 04, 2011 8:14 am

that email should work as well. I did receive your latest email, but see no history of any others. In any event, we'll get ya sorted out. :D
DOZE Homebrew Club of the Year 2010
ryanb
Pint Glass (25 posts)

Postby kelbiont » Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 am

ryanb wrote:that email should work as well. I did receive your latest email, but see no history of any others. In any event, we'll get ya sorted out. :D

Thanks a lot,
i appreciate your disponibility and i'll be looking forward for the next order.

Have a good day
kelbiont
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Return to Support