So whats brewing today?

General brewing discussion. If it isn't about beer and brewing, scroll down and put it in the Off Topic Stuff category below.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: So whats brewing today?

Postby tookalisten » Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 am

Since my brewing has outpaced consumption, I have decided to do a Lager as my next brew. I ordered the Vienna lager AG from our fine hosts. I have two packs of 34/70 dry yeast that I have been wanting to try on something. What is your vote on this yeast for this style? Yay or Nay?
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Vienna Lager
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale, Blonde Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Sun May 28, 2017 10:48 am

Yay
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:23 am

5 gallons of Vienna Lager mashed in this morning at 0800. Will use the 2 packs of 34/70 dry; Fermentation fridge currently reading 45F. Plan is to use IC to get temps down and then put in fridge; I will not pitch my yeast until later tonight. I have a temp strip on the fermentation bucket and will watch that for correct pitching proximity.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:31 pm

tookalisten wrote:5 gallons of Vienna Lager mashed in this morning at 0800. Will use the 2 packs of 34/70 dry; Fermentation fridge currently reading 45F. Plan is to use IC to get temps down and then put in fridge; I will not pitch my yeast until later tonight. I have a temp strip on the fermentation bucket and will watch that for correct pitching proximity.

Pitched last night at 48F. Checked the temp strip this afternoon and it was 44F. Maybe a little cool to start; so bumped my temp controller up a few degrees.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 pm

tookalisten wrote:
tookalisten wrote:5 gallons of Vienna Lager mashed in this morning at 0800. Will use the 2 packs of 34/70 dry; Fermentation fridge currently reading 45F. Plan is to use IC to get temps down and then put in fridge; I will not pitch my yeast until later tonight. I have a temp strip on the fermentation bucket and will watch that for correct pitching proximity.

Pitched last night at 48F. Checked the temp strip this afternoon and it was 44F. Maybe a little cool to start; so bumped my temp controller up a few degrees.

Chugging at 50F this afternoon..
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:26 pm

tookalisten wrote:
tookalisten wrote:

Chugging at 50F this afternoon..

...and I get to post whore by quoting myself again and again..... at least until Rich comes along and stops the madness.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby rplace » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm

tookalisten wrote:
...and I get to post whore by quoting myself again and again..... at least until Rich comes along and stops the madness.

Boom!
rplace

Previous

Return to General Beer Related