So whats brewing today?

General brewing discussion. If it isn't about beer and brewing, scroll down and put it in the Off Topic Stuff category below.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: So whats brewing today?

Postby tookalisten » Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 am

Since my brewing has outpaced consumption, I have decided to do a Lager as my next brew. I ordered the Vienna lager AG from our fine hosts. I have two packs of 34/70 dry yeast that I have been wanting to try on something. What is your vote on this yeast for this style? Yay or Nay?
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Pale Ale
Kegged: Brown Ale, Sweet Stout, IPA, Blonde Ale, Vienna Lager
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Postby Brewtime » Sun May 28, 2017 10:48 am

Yay
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Postby tookalisten » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:23 am

5 gallons of Vienna Lager mashed in this morning at 0800. Will use the 2 packs of 34/70 dry; Fermentation fridge currently reading 45F. Plan is to use IC to get temps down and then put in fridge; I will not pitch my yeast until later tonight. I have a temp strip on the fermentation bucket and will watch that for correct pitching proximity.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:31 pm

tookalisten wrote:5 gallons of Vienna Lager mashed in this morning at 0800. Will use the 2 packs of 34/70 dry; Fermentation fridge currently reading 45F. Plan is to use IC to get temps down and then put in fridge; I will not pitch my yeast until later tonight. I have a temp strip on the fermentation bucket and will watch that for correct pitching proximity.

Pitched last night at 48F. Checked the temp strip this afternoon and it was 44F. Maybe a little cool to start; so bumped my temp controller up a few degrees.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 pm

tookalisten wrote:
tookalisten wrote:5 gallons of Vienna Lager mashed in this morning at 0800. Will use the 2 packs of 34/70 dry; Fermentation fridge currently reading 45F. Plan is to use IC to get temps down and then put in fridge; I will not pitch my yeast until later tonight. I have a temp strip on the fermentation bucket and will watch that for correct pitching proximity.

Pitched last night at 48F. Checked the temp strip this afternoon and it was 44F. Maybe a little cool to start; so bumped my temp controller up a few degrees.

Chugging at 50F this afternoon..
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:26 pm

tookalisten wrote:
tookalisten wrote:

Chugging at 50F this afternoon..

...and I get to post whore by quoting myself again and again..... at least until Rich comes along and stops the madness.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby rplace » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm

tookalisten wrote:
...and I get to post whore by quoting myself again and again..... at least until Rich comes along and stops the madness.

Boom!
rplace

Postby tookalisten » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Vienna Lager update.... because I know you care.
Bumped up to 65-68F range; planning to hold there for a few days and then will cold crash it for about a week and then push to a keg. Been a long time since I brewed a lager; I think I got this right. Looking good anyway.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 am

tookalisten wrote:Vienna Lager update.... because I know you care.
Bumped up to 65-68F range; planning to hold there for a few days and then will cold crash it for about a week and then push to a keg. Been a long time since I brewed a lager; I think I got this right. Looking good anyway.

Pushed to a keg today. Really impressed with the clarity, aroma, and taste right out of the fermentor. Can't wait to get this one carb'd. So far I am loving the dry 34/70 yeast results. So, if any of you are riding the fence on using a dry yeast for lager like I was, I would not hesitate to give it a go. I think it is a winner on this one.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby tookalisten » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Measured out the grains for 10 gallons of West Coast Blaster. Used to keep this one in constant rotation but have not brewed it in a while.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby rplace » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 pm

tookalisten wrote:Measured out the grains for 10 gallons of West Coast Blaster. Used to keep this one in constant rotation but have not brewed it in a while.

I did that a few times and always liked it...enjoy!
rplace

Postby MaltnHopsrGood » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 am

10G's of American Pale Ale is mashing right now. Figured I would brew during the eclipse.
Bottled: Nothing
Keg #1: Dark Chocolate Stout
Keg #2: Bourbon Barrel Stout
Keg #3: Nothing
Keg #4: Nothing
Fermenting: Pale Ale
Next On Deck: India Pale Ale
Brewed in 2017: 50 gallons
MaltnHopsrGood
Barrel (1000 posts)

Postby rplace » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 am

Brew fridge is down to panic level. 8 taps have dwindled to 4, but really only 3 beers because the British biter is both Co2 and Nitro. Yesterday I cleaned the brew rig inside and out. Today is 10G of Hefeweizen and 10G of late hopped IPA. I'm thinking Dunkel or Weizenbock with the next round of yeast.

Whish me luck, as I've not brewed since April. Hope I did not forget how.
rplace

Postby tookalisten » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 am

Go get em Rich!
I measured out my grains to do a Citra Pale Ale. Have not gotten motivated yet this morning but hope to get it cooking sometime today.
~Robert Brault

tookalisten

Postby Brewtime » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:56 am

tookalisten wrote:Go get em Rich!
I measured out my grains to do a Citra Pale Ale. Have not gotten motivated yet this morning but hope to get it cooking sometime today.

I have been unmotivated for some time been going back and forth about selling all my equipment. I have cut back on my consumption this year as I have lost almost 50 pounds with a change of eating habits and getting back in shape. I think once I get to my goal weight (in the 190's)I will incorporate the beer back into my eating. :P
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Related